Rugby!

Karizma

• Admin

England have named three uncapped players in their Six Nations squad.

Back rower Mike Williams, prop Nathan Catt and versatile back Alex Lozowski are the uncapped trio, while prop Ellis Genge, 21, is also in the 34-man squad.

Flanker James Haskell, lock Maro Itoje, winger Anthony Watson, back rower Jack Clifford and winger Jack Nowell all return after injury.

"We are looking forward to being daring in our [first] game against France on 4 February," said head coach Eddie Jones.

34-man England squad for 2017 Six Nations

Forwards

Nathan Catt (Bath Rugby), Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Teimana Harrison (Northampton Saints), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), James Haskell (Wasps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Matt Mullan (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Tommy Taylor (Wasps), Mike Williams (Leicester Tigers), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints)

Backs

Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Marland Yarde (Harlequins), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck me I thought they'd bottled it again in the second half. Smart play to kill it off though, good game.

52 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I know next to nothing about the current state of rugby sides. Are Ireland missing players or something?

I can't think of any players that Ireland are missing. It's just that Scotland actually have some good backs for once.

I have no faith in Wales doing much this year. Rob Howley as head coach doesn't inspire me with any confidence. England or Scotland to win.

Just now, Cymbols said:

Fuck me I thought they'd bottled it again in the second half. Smart play to kill it off though, good game.

I can't think of any players that Ireland are missing. It's just that Scotland actually have some good backs for once.

I have no faith in Wales doing much this year. Rob Howley as head coach doesn't inspire me with any confidence. England or Scotland to win.

Did you not see one Johnny Sexton sized hole at 10? :P 

Paddy Jackson did very well though, so not much of a complaint. This Irish team has been kind of on a downward slope though and plenty of us over here thought Scotland +3 at evens was ridiculous value in the spread.

That result has really set an intriguing marker. I thought Ireland would be serious contenders, and I still think they could be, but Scotland can clearly pose a threat too. England's injuries have me a little concerned, although this should be a great test of their strength in depth. I'm struggling to pick a winner at the moment, so perhaps I'll have a better idea once this weekend is over.

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

That was close.

I missed about 20 minutes of it because I took the dog out for a Wobble and I thought "Oh bugger, we are fucked" but did alright in the end.  

Bit spoiled for sport terrestrial on TV tonight. Just finished the egg chasing, the tennis is on BBC 2 and Spurs are playing as well.

On 2/4/2017 at 16:19, Cymbols said:

I'd just assumed that Jackson has usurped Johnny tbh. Is it another concussion? 

Nah not a concussion for once, hamstring apparently. He should really retire at this point though, the injuries can't be good for his long-term health.

That's the Six Nations over anyway for another year. Yay!