Rugby!

Karizma

Rugby League is horrible

Rugby Union, however, is the tits.

I like Union too, but being brought up in the North of England they kind of drill League into you. Like at school we never played Union, only League, so even now when I watch Union I'm never quite sure of the rules. I prefer League though, I feel it is played at a faster pace and itensity, and there is generally more trys, which is the big winner for me. In a game of Union, the game could end 9-6 and all the scores be kicks, which in my opinion I find boring at times. Don't get me wrong though, Union has it's fair share of great games, even last nights England vs Wales was a hard thought game on both parts and had my full interest throughout. But Union I guess is more about tactics and brute force and strength, whereas League is more about extreme fitness, high pace and quick sets and plays, and that is what I prefer.

Been another aussie here, I find League to be heaps more exciting that Union and would rather it anyday...

And I also feel the pain of been a blues supporter :( devastating lol...

Hopefully my Canberra Raiders (No idea why I go for them, just always have) can pick up where they were last year and do some damage, even though I think they'll struggle without Campese to lead them around the park...

Carnegie Challenge Cup - Second Round

British Army 27-16 Royal Air Force

Castleford Lock Lane 18-16 Stanley Rangers

East Hull 31-22 Myton Warriors

East Leeds 4-64 Hull Dockers

Egremont Rangers 22-10 Wath Brow

Hunslet W 22-16 Wigan St Judes

Leeds Met 44-14 Edge Hill Univ

Leigh East 16-18 Thatto Heath Crusaders

Wigan St Patricks 16-18 Leigh Miners

York Acorn 24-35 Milford Marlins

I believe in the third round, the winners are joined by three French clubs and the semi-pro Championship and Championship 1 sides. The Super League teams don't come in until the fourth round, where I'm hoping it will be Wigan Warriors vs the British Army!

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's Super League results;

Salford 22 - 56 St Helens

Hull FC 18 - 32 Leeds

The win puts Leeds top of the league on 4 points and Saints second on 3 points, there are other matches from this round tomorrow and Sunday.

It would be a great move for any other club but I think it's a step backwards for brisbane.

Bringing him back would just mean a brief resumption of the bennett era and when he retires in a few years, they are right back to where they are right now. They should find the right coach for their future now.

Yeah I've got to agree with Sandow on that one...

I also don't think it'd be wise for a few other teams with younger coaches to take him on such as Newcastle, I'm from Newcastle (not really a fan though) and they've been talkin bout it heaps lately, I don't think Rick Stone is the best coach for them either but I think it'd be a mistake to bring Bennett in for a short stint... I think Bennett is doing a good job in St. George and will be ready to retire in a couple of seasons anyway, I don't see the need to bring him in for a 1 or 2 season stint only to have to go back out and find a new coach immediately after...

But having Bennett there for even a couple of seasons allows the next coach to take over with a greater wealth of talent. Look at what he has done with the Dragons in just two seasons, turned nobodies into somebodies. He could help turn the Knights into a genuine Top 4/8 team, help transition the baby Broncos into first grade players, etc.

Wigan v St George/Illawarra 19:15GMT tomorrow in the World Club Challenge. Promises to be an awesome game, gutted I can't go but I ain't in the area this weekend. Hope the mighty Warriors do the business though. :)