Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I do not love Baba is You. It is fine. I don't think it is clever so much as designed in a very particular way. It at times feels very linear and forced for a puzzle game. I absolutely did not like being hard locked to certain rules. 

Playing Indigo Prophecy, interesting to see a game that was made by a younger, humbler David "Subtlety" Cage...

ojb7w7c.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Huh, I was talking about this game with a work mate yesterday. I played it years ago and thought it was pretty decent for what it was and what struck me about the game was that you only really used the analogue sticks.

• Like 1

Finished it and man the last few parts of the game felt like David Cage did all the cocaine in the world.

Also Lucas and Carla going from zero to madly in love with no explanation. Cage could have just made it a 'last night and I don't want to be alone' sitatuation if he wanted a sex scene so bad but noooope they had to be in love because REASONS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Finished it and man the last few parts of the game felt like David Cage did all the cocaine in the world.

This. This is correct. Lol. 

I just started Mutant: Year Zero last night. It's pretty neat. A blend of stealth and XCOM style combat. Went from level 8 to 11 in one fight because I accidentally fought a group too high of level (and could only beat them by spamming grenades)

14 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Also Lucas and Carla going from zero to madly in love with no explanation. Cage could have just made it a 'last night and I don't want to be alone' sitatuation if he wanted a sex scene so bad but noooope they had to be in love because REASONS.

It’s because you can’t have sex with someone unless you are in love with them. Dolt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

I just started Mutant: Year Zero last night. It's pretty neat. A blend of stealth and XCOM style combat. Went from level 8 to 11 in one fight because I accidentally fought a group too high of level (and could only beat them by spamming grenades)

Big fan of this game. I am at level 27 (?). Early on I tended to not understand the stealth aspect of it. Once you do, you realize that it is best to upgrade silent weapons and to tend towards upgrades valuing stealth and critical hits. 

The only thing that disappoints me is that the skill tree is quite linear. I think I would have preferred them to just say: "At level 2 you get this skill, at level 3 here's more HP!"

Also, the difficulty I chose said it would recover 50% HP at the end of combat, but that never seems to happen. Did I misread it?

43 minutes ago, Ruki said:

The only thing that disappoints me is that the skill tree is quite linear. I think I would have preferred them to just say: "At level 2 you get this skill, at level 3 here's more HP!"

Also, the difficulty I chose said it would recover 50% HP at the end of combat, but that never seems to happen. Did I misread it?

I played on baby-baby mode. 

They are releasing DLC in June. My guess is that the DLC and/or a sequel would improve the skill tree and flush the game out a bit. 

How much do you know regarding the story? 

12 minutes ago, RPS said:

I played on baby-baby mode. 

They are releasing DLC in June. My guess is that the DLC and/or a sequel would improve the skill tree and flush the game out a bit. 

How much do you know regarding the story? 

Barely anything! I've only played for 90 minutes.

-Nukes dropped because humans suck

-Stalkers are mutants who scavenge the lands for parts and food for the Ark (the last human settlement by the sounds of it)

-Dux and piggy dude get sent to find the super awesome Stalker named Hammond, who went AWOL. 

-Now I found the girl who was on Hammond's team.

17 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Barely anything! I've only played for 90 minutes.

-Nukes dropped because humans suck

-Stalkers are mutants who scavenge the lands for parts and food for the Ark (the last human settlement by the sounds of it)

-Dux and piggy dude get sent to find the super awesome Stalker named Hammond, who went AWOL. 

-Now I found the girl who was on Hammond's team.

Cool. There are a few cool twists that impact gameplay that are not expected. 

• Like 1

Playing Borderlands 2 and holy crap is the 'turn invisible' character gimped as opposed to 1.

At least now I can pause while offline...

The world of Mutant Year Zero is pretty cool. How they're looking at all our current day stuff, and completely misunderstanding the use (a boombox is a bomb, a school is a place for little monsters to grow up into bigger monsters, a defibrillator is to help someone relax/sleep)... and some of the fights are tough! Seeing your first enemy with 20+ HP I thought I was fucked. I'm not getting enough scrap though... I keep needing to go back and buy medkits, when all I want to buy are grenades (got the perk that makes them do 8 damage) and new gear. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ruki said:

The world of Mutant Year Zero is pretty cool. How they're looking at all our current day stuff, and completely misunderstanding the use (a boombox is a bomb, a school is a place for little monsters to grow up into bigger monsters, a defibrillator is to help someone relax/sleep)... and some of the fights are tough! Seeing your first enemy with 20+ HP I thought I was fucked. I'm not getting enough scrap though... I keep needing to go back and buy medkits, when all I want to buy are grenades (got the perk that makes them do 8 damage) and new gear. 

Stealth your way past some of the battles as there are easier ones past.

Upgrade your stealth guns. If you kill someone in one turn and they are not in another enemy's circle, you remain undisturbed.

Find enemies that walk around the map and ice them in one turn.

36 minutes ago, RPS said:

Stealth your way past some of the battles as there are easier ones past.

Upgrade your stealth guns. If you kill someone in one turn and they are not in another enemy's circle, you remain undisturbed.

Find enemies that walk around the map and ice them in one turn.

That's what I have been doing! It's great finding the one person walking by themselves and then just blasting them without anyone knowing any better. Until you miss your 75% shot and they alert their friends. 

8 minutes ago, Ruki said:

That's what I have been doing! It's great finding the one person walking by themselves and then just blasting them without anyone knowing any better. Until you miss your 75% shot and they alert their friends. 

Yes mama. That is fucking awful. 

• Like 1