Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

If you can wait about 12 hours I can get it for you. I owe you for that book anyway ^_^

someone bought me a copy.

I hadn't played FM for a while, so Eastside is sort of overwhelming at times. Decided I'd start as Edmonton because I want to figure out how to build a defensive line.

If you can wait about 12 hours I can get it for you. I owe you for that book anyway ^_^

someone bought me a copy.

KISSES!

It says you declined my gift of it, but you don't own it :(

Yeah I'd like to know that too, I've just got a refund on something I played for about an hour 5 years ago and am torn between getting El Dorado or the new DLC for EU4 or Charlemagne/Sons of Abraham for CK2 but it's sods law that the minute I make a choice the other ones would go cheap on the sale. It's Paradox so they'll probably all drop at some point but it would be nice if someone from the future could tell me what and when so I can plan ahead :shifty:

Yeah I'd like to know that too, I've just got a refund on something I played for about an hour 5 years ago and am torn between getting El Dorado or the new DLC for EU4 or Charlemagne/Sons of Abraham for CK2 but it's sods law that the minute I make a choice the other ones would go cheap on the sale. It's Paradox so they'll probably all drop at some point but it would be nice if someone from the future could tell me what and when so I can plan ahead :shifty:

How did you manage getting a refund after that long of a period of time?

How did you manage getting a refund after that long of a period of time?

Thought I'd try my luck with the new refund system basically. I had some Indie thing I can't even remember the name of at the moment on there I'd played for only a few minutes (Assuming it didn't work too well on the laptop or I just didn't get on with it for whatever reason) so I sent in a refund request and it came back positive with a refund. 5 years may be an overstatement but it's certainly a long time ago in the years rather than weeks or months category as it had never been installed on the newer laptop or my parents PC which they've had for 2/3 years.

It could have been an oversight based on them receiving loads of requests but I guess it's basically a sign of the "You can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. *cut* maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn't like it." being relatively open ended. I've not got any other things to try since passing the two hours mark on an item I got in a bundle. If anyone else has anything they've had lying around on Steam for ages they don't want and only played a little bit of then maybe they can test that properly.

I tried to get back a purchase from December and they said no to that, but I did get back one from three months ago.

Anything older than six months they won't even begin to let you claim though.

EDIT: Everything other than the first one I tried has gone through, which is pretty awesome since it was stuff that never ran on my setup or was janky due to other reasons.

Edited by Apsham
  • Like 1

Yeah, just checked on my Steam account and the email. Turns out after logging into Steam I'd actually got a refund on The Escapists - which I hadn't got that into and probably won't miss anyway - rather than Escape from Paradise 2 as I'd thought I had been trying to get rid as a test. :bang: Carry on, just me not checking the game I'd clicked "support" and "Gimme my money back" on.

Go to the support site, or search Steam Refund actually - that site will tell you everything - but basically you select a game, state what your issue is and then there should be a "Request refund" button. You can type out a reason:

• If you bought in the last 14 days and only have less than 2 hours on the game - you're pretty good to go. I don't even think you would need to give a reason.
  • For anything else, I'd put in a pretty good reason like it wouldn't run on your computer or something.

I've had luck on getting things refunded that I got as far back as March. December, no dice however and anything before December you can't even make a claim on.

I have to put in way too much effort to get a refund on anything. A lot of the games I look to sell are classed as "Gifts" as when I purchase a lot of games, I put them in my inventory until I decide if I want to keep them or give them away.

Now when I claim on them, I have to agree to allow the original purchaser to claim a refund on it (which is me) and then I have to go back through purchase history and claim it again.

I hate effort. Even for money. That's what I do at work. Don;t want it in my games too.