Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

It's ultimately good for the consumer really - you can just buy the games that you are interested in at the start of the sale and actually play them instead of sitting around waiting to see if they're going to be cheaper for a week and a half or so. Maybe not so good for the game companies themselves... but at the same time, what happens to some people during the Steam sales isn't the healthy thing in the world.

Yeah, I don't understand why someone would be upset about this change. This will save you money and headache. As opposed to buying a game hoping it is the cheapest price and hoping you don't play for two hours and ruin a chance of getting a refund, you will be certain when you buy the game that it is at the cheapest price it will be. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RPS said:

Yeah, I don't understand why someone would be upset about this change. This will save you money and headache. As opposed to buying a game hoping it is the cheapest price and hoping you don't play for two hours and ruin a chance of getting a refund, you will be certain when you buy the game that it is at the cheapest price it will be. 

I don't know that the saving money is accurate. Quite often the flash sale will be 75%+ off because it's limited to a few hours. It's risk/reward for the consumer and devs/pubs. If your game isn't that popular it generates sales and then people play it later and build hype.

Instead I imagine the discounts will be smaller and it won't be the usual bounty of new or equal lowest prices ever. 

It's like being happy all of the stores got rid of Black Friday sales because you can't get stuff for that price every sale.

As for the refund thing. I'm nearly always been on the consumers side, but Steam has had enough sales where by now everyone should know you wait for the daily, the flash or the encore unless the game starts at 75% off. The rules have never changed and it isn't like it's some massive secret. Even the gaming media when they report on the sale always put this information added to the article.

I wonder what "most competetiv" will be. For a while now almost everything that was on sale at steam could have been found cheaper on other sites. THey are still the alpha lion, i don´t think they have to compeet with GMG, g2a and other reseller. (than again, g2a is more or less on any youtube/twitch chanel sponsoring these days so maybe they have to compet with them)

Is there an American football sim similar to the OOTP Baseball series?  OOTP was doing Beyond the Sidelines Football but that game seems to be either dead or a very long way off.  I've got Football Mogul but I just can't get into it.

They have no control over that though and it makes no sense. I've already explained why it can make sense to offer your game at a steep discount for a very limited period. It makes far less sense to do it for a sustained period since then the entire market for your game gets it at that price.

Steam doesn't discount the games, they just inform devs/publishers of the upcoming sale and invite them to participate.

53 minutes ago, KevinStorm said:

Is there an American football sim similar to the OOTP Baseball series?  OOTP was doing Beyond the Sidelines Football but that game seems to be either dead or a very long way off.  I've got Football Mogul but I just can't get into it.

Front Office Football is a good shout...even though I have no personal idea how to play it.

It's not your run of the mill RPG, that's for sure. That's probably the biggest draw going for it - yeah, it has the elements of most traditional RPGs, but then there's stuff - decisions you can make - that make it a very, very different game.