RoHitman Reigns

Steam/PC Mega Thread

Jasonmufc    5,373
22 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Shadowrun Hong Kong.

I really need to stop trying to build street sams in the Shadowrun CRPGs. I'm leaving my childhood best friend behind because he's also a street sam but also because the rigger of our team can pretty much murder everything with his spider droid with a fucking cannon attached to it.

I have no idea what you said, but it sounds really cool

OctoberRaven    5,021
18 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

I have no idea what you said, but it sounds really cool

Shadowrun is an RPG setting, originally Tabletop but with video game adaptations, set in a future where corporations are sovereign empires that control pretty much the entire world. And all of them are corrupt, constantly waging wars against each other, and hire mercenaries to do their dirty work. All in the future, so there's cybernetics and internet access through your brain and sports that involve gangs literally fighting each other with motorcycles and baseball bats.

Oh, and the world goes through cycles of magic awakening and dormancy and on Dec 12 2012 magic awoke and people suddenly turned into elves and dwarves and orks literally overnight, people can use magic, and there's fucking dragons now, one actually becomes President of the United Canadian and American States (for an hour), and one is basically Vladimir Putin crossed with Smaug.

Players are the aforementioned mercenaries, who do everything from breaking and entering to steal prototype tech to kidnapping researchers to outright assassinations, while trying not to get killed either by their targets, their employers, or both.

The US has been divided into like five countries and some of it was absorbed into Aztlan (basically a reborn Aztec Empire, complete with ritual death games), Japan is the strongest non-corporate economy (to the point where the nuyen is the world currency) while also being extremely fascist (nonhumans are usually killed in infancy if they're lucky), and other countries that havent been taken over outright by corporations are either heavily influenced by them, in complete anarchy, or are uninhabitable wastelands. Open gang warfare, black markets, and rolling blackouts are part of everyday life for anyone not a corporate citizen... and most corporate citizens are effectively serfs who can get terminated, jailed, or killed at any time for any reason.

Oh yeah and the police are all privatized and insanely corrupt, and ambulances (also privatized, but somehow one of the least corrupt corporations) will go in with ARMED RESPONSE to protect their clients... unless they're in corporate land then you're fucked.

And Steam has three amazing games based on the franchise

• Like 1

OctoberRaven    5,021

Starting the Deluxe Edition bonus story in Shadowrun: Hong Kong and... holy shit, this is brilliant stuff.

Liam Mk2    3,925

Completed Inside yesterday. In had the strangest ending to a game that I have ever played, although I thoroughly enjoyed it. The graphics and the lighting in particular are astonishingly good and the physics are probably the best I have ever seen in a game. 

Would definitely recommend it if nobody has played. It's available on the EA Origin vault section.  

OctoberRaven    5,021

Another reason to love the Shadowrun CRPGs:

Spoiler

In Hong Kong's bonus campaign, you can hack a HKPF motor pool to turn the parked cars there into explosives. Activated from your PDA.

Cop: "They're falling back! We've got them where we want th- wait why is their street samurai on hi-" *DIES BY EXPLODING ARMORED TRUCK*

GhostMachine    1,036

My next Steam purchase, when I actually manage to have some spare cash - is likely going to be either:

Shadowrun Hong Kong - Extended Edition

or

Agents of Mayhem

Shadowrun is my favorite pen and paper RPG. I've been playing off and on for years. My longest lasting character is a Wolf Totem Shaman, but I prefer to run another character I made named The Surgeon most of the time. (Technically, he's a Street Samurai, but he's actually a sniper/team medic. Loooong explanation for that.)

Edited by GhostMachine

OctoberRaven    5,021
3 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

My next Steam purchase, when I actually manage to have some spare cash - is likely going to be either:

or

Agents of Mayhem

Shadowrun is my favorite pen and paper RPG. I've been playing off and on for years. My longest lasting character is a Wolf Totem Shaman, but I prefer to run another character I made named The Surgeon most of the time. (Technically, he's a Street Samurai, but he's actually a sniper/team medic. Loooong explanation for that.)

If you don't have Returns or Dragonfall yet, get those when you can too. The campaigns alone are worth the price of admission. You don't have to play them in order to get the story as they're framed as three separate campaigns, though they do reference each other in non-plot-vital ways.

Also HK adds a lot of new things, like the infamous monofilament whip as a cybernetic implant, and the Matrix sections are revamped too.

GhostMachine    1,036

I bought Returns as soon as I could when it was released, albeit the standard edition and I haven't upgraded.

Glad to know they changed the Matrix sections. Those were my least favorite part of Returns.

Funny thing, out of all the Shadowrun missions I've done, I've only ever run into one player who used a monofilament whip. And it wasn't an implant. Character was a PhysAd, if I remember right.

OctoberRaven    5,021

If you didn't get Dragonfall, you'll be pleased to know that in Dragonfall and HK you have a full runner outfit you can run with without having to pay for them. You can still hire temps, but... you'll be able to have a balanced team no matter what your build is without them. They also provide dialogue on runs too!

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

or

Agents of Mayhem

I have a key for this. Pretty sure I haven't sent it out before now. I'll send it through to you :(Y):

thatshortguy    3,189

The PC version of No Man's Sky is the absolute way to go.  It's not greatly optimized, but I dig its take on third person controls and it's the perfect nomad game.  The base-building is now the icing on the cake for me.  This game may legit keep me from buying the WoW expansion.

=BK=    10,282

I like the idea of building things but the few clips I've seen make it look very bland and same. I'm use to Minecraft where I can build anything and make it look nice. A series of metal tubes isn't going to grab me.

GhostMachine    1,036
1 hour ago, thatshortguy said:

The PC version of No Man's Sky is the absolute way to go.  It's not greatly optimized, but I dig its take on third person controls and it's the perfect nomad game.  The base-building is now the icing on the cake for me.  This game may legit keep me from buying the WoW expansion.

Is the multiplayer co-op, pvp or both?

thatshortguy    3,189
13 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Is the multiplayer co-op, pvp or both?

Both, though I think lobbies cap out around 16 people.  People can just as easily destroy your base and they can sit and watch the stars go by.

Ruki    3,720

I am doing my first custom run of Slay The Spire.

I chose the start where you started with the cursed items (every time you open a chest you get cursed, every curse is +1 strength) and the mod where everytime you pick up a card you get 3 copies.

So I got backstab. That's three free 0 cost, tons of damage at the start of each round. And another. And another. Now, my hand starts full with just Backstab+, crazy amount of strength. I also set the custom run to be endless, just to see how far it goes. But so far, I've blazed through act 1, part 2 in no time flat. 

Edit: With that combo, I got to floor 252 and had something like 615 cards in my deck. I had an Innate card that did damage based on how many cards were in the deck. I think with all my relics, strength (I think it was 180 at combat start?) the most damage I did was 2100. 

OctoberRaven    5,021

Playing Cities Skylines, and getting frustrated that, no matter how wide I make the road that goes through my city, or how many alternate routes I make, the AI traffic goes single fucking file through that one road.

See how they like it when I enact Plan Codename: Lyle Langley, wherein I tear down all the roads and replace them with a monorail

On the plus side I manage to con my citizens into thinking we're the best place to live ever by putting my entire industrial district across the river from everything else so nobody sees the Oblongs-esque wasteland.

SeanDMan    14,880
27 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Playing Cities Skylines, and getting frustrated that, no matter how wide I make the road that goes through my city, or how many alternate routes I make, the AI traffic goes single fucking file through that one road.

See how they like it when I enact Plan Codename: Lyle Langley, wherein I tear down all the roads and replace them with a monorail

On the plus side I manage to con my citizens into thinking we're the best place to live ever by putting my entire industrial district across the river from everything else so nobody sees the Oblongs-esque wasteland.

I don't personally play with mods but supposedly mods can fix a lot of your traffic issues.

Meacon    22,414
1 hour ago, OctoberRaven said:

Was that a scenario on like Sim City 2000 (or 3000?)? I remember having a city that had no roads and was only trains, but I can't remember if that was a scenario or if I just did that myself. 

Pooker    255

It was a scenario in SimCity 2000. Can't remember the objectives to it, but I do remember playing it.

OctoberRaven    5,021

Got to top tier population in Skylines. Only one thing left to do:

i__m_gonna_wreck_it__by_squarepainter-d5

OctoberRaven    5,021

Update:

Wrecked it. First thing I did was drop a meteor directly at one of the emergency shelters, just to see if it could survive it.

It did not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OctoberRaven    5,021

Playing Uplink be like

OctoberRaven    5,021

Man I forgot how batshit Painkiller is.

And also how awful the cutscenes are.

Also why is it trying to get me to install fucking GameSpy arcade? Is that even a thing anymore?