Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

The first hour basically summarizes the tone of the game. Buy it and if you aren't a fan refund if after the first hour. 

I bought it. Turns out my graphics card has officially shit the bed. So I either need to get a new graphics card for a four year old laptop, or just bite the bullet and buy an Alienware gaming laptop, since that's what I spend most of my time doing on a laptop/computer anyway. 

I think The Culling looks very fun though. I'm looking forward to playing it whenever I do get around to upgrading. 

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

Me me me. I do! And I recommend it.

Does it have online co-op multiplayer, or only local co-op? Because that really got me down about Lego Marvel Superheroes, such a great game without the ability to faff about with distant friends.

On 06/03/2016 at 06:18, RPS said:

Me and the husband played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes last night. It was super fun. For those who don't know what it is, it is a local coop game where one player looks at the screen and has to defuse a bomb and is being given instructions from a second (or third or fourth) player who is reading them from a manual. You defuse the bomb by solving modules and you have a set time to do it (often 5 minutes in total). It is a fantastic party game and I see it having lots of replay value. 

I'm noticing a lot of my favourite youtubers seem to be playing that a lot. If you're a social person, it looks like a blast....so I probably will never but it then. :shifty:

On 19/03/2016 at 02:00, RPS said:

We received a 50$ Steam Card as a gift from a friend and it is unbelievably difficult to be patient and not spend it ahead of their next sale, which presumably will happen in June. I bought Primal Carnage for under 2$ and it is a FPS where you either play as a human (kind of fun) or a Dinosaur (very fun). Otherwise, it has sat in my account for two weeks now. 

I got Molly a $50 steam card for christmas....never got it to work. :(

On 27/03/2016 at 07:10, RPS said:

Anyone got The Culling? @Meacon was talking about it I thought. 

I'm not sure if it seems like my thing but my favourite youtuber has been streaming it on twitch and I've enjoyed watching him play it. I reckon if you liked that sort of game, you'd have a lot of fun with it.

Also why didn't I buy all the Escapists dlc, when it was on special just the other day? The 4 pieces of DLC that I didn't have only totaled to something like $5.30 in my money. :(

2K added a bunch of games to GOG, including all the original XCOM games.  Right now all the XCOM games are for sale, bundled together, at 75% for $7.45

Trying to decide between either getting Rise of the Tomb Raider or Hitman, or a collection of games for an equal price (right now I have Ori and Starwhal in mind). Anyone have any suggestion?

New Hitman is pretty fun.  Its being done episodically too, so you could always just download the first episode to try.  I did that on psn and it cost me $15 I think

9 hours ago, Lint said:

New Hitman is pretty fun.  Its being done episodically too, so you could always just download the first episode to try.  I did that on psn and it cost me $15 I think

I have the full game (because I didn't have to buy it :D), but it's been an absolute blast.

April's Monthly Bundle was a bit of a miss, A couple games I'd have a go at but the Early Unlocks look to be the highlights.

• Nuclear Throne
  • Renowned Explorers
  • Nova-111
  • The Magic Circle
  • Super Avalanche
  • Tailwind - prologue (Humble Exclusive)
  • Stikbold

Early unlock this time is Mad Max.

I'm kind of leaning towards Hitman just because I loved Absolution I think. Whichever one was free on the 360 a while back. I really enjoy the stealth games and with that I can see myself going back to to try and do better or whatever. Tomb Raider would solely be story for me as I have no interest in any multiplayer, and Ori I just have heard good things about and I think I would enjoy it (Starwhal would be kind of hit or miss as it's only local, but looks like a lot of fun).

Are there any FPS games (single or multiplayer) out there on Steam where you can target a body part, and it actually affects it? For example, you shoot someone in the arm, they can't use it.

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Are there any FPS games (single or multiplayer) out there on Steam where you can target a body part, and it actually affects it? For example, you shoot someone in the arm, they can't use it.

Arma 3 has part-specific damage if you add the ACE mod.  It doesn't exactly stop you from using damaged parts, but if one or both legs are heavily damaged you can't jog or run, and the more wounded you are the harder it is to aim.

Enter the Gungeon is out (isometric twin stick shooter rogue-lite, Binding of Isaac but more bullet hell-y and more gun based so kind of like Nuclear Throne made a baby with Isaac).

It's good, although it's going to take me a while to get the controls down on a controller since you need to manually aim (rather than Isaac's shooting in one of 4 directions) as well as dodge rolling, ammo management, switching between guns, and reloading which is the big thing, using blanks which clear the screen, and having an active item you can activate, it doesn't sound like much but quite often the screen is filling up with bullets. I'm going to persevere with the default controls but might end up switching them around since some things seem weird (you shoot with RB rather than RT and then reload with X for instance). 

Am loving the aesthetic. Managed to make it through the first level on my first attempt (I lasted for 12 minutes).

I'd definitely watch a video of someone playing it before buying it though (unless you love Isaac, the aesthetic is totally different but the gameplay and mechanics are similar enough that whilst I can see someone liking Gungeon and not Isaac I don't think you could like Isaac but not Gungeon but Nuclear Throne players should love it). It's going to be super appealing to some people and as appealing as dog-shit on your shoe to others.