Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I already bought it him, sorry :(

I might do another on Christmas Day if I still have money left....

...though I just bought myself Witcher 2 and I'm letting the girlfriend run wild on the Matalan website so I might not <_<

You under-estimate how lazy I am.

What I did was sell all my cards, then bought cards to games that didn't require many to craft a badge.

I'm not sure why, I still don't know what the levels system achieves.

Each 10 levels doubles your chances of getting booster pack drops. In my experience the amount you need to spend buying cards (even for super cheap sets) outweighs the benefits of levelling up. If I was doing it again I wouldn't bother going above level 10.

That was the only thing I did know. I was level 9, which was why I decided to buy the cards to craft a badge.

I've only bought a couple of cheap indie games so far. Though it is a big combination of having no excess cash, and either already owning the games on sale (through previous sales/humble bundles etc) or not being overly interested in the game.

A quick question to do with booster packs. What causes one of your games to become eligible? I currently have 4, is it just spending a certain amount of time on the game?

Yeah you do need to have collected all the free cards first, but there's a lot of anecdotal evidence that playing the game increases the chance of booster pack drops. Nearly all of my booster pack drops (like 3/4 or 4/5) have come when I've played the game that day. Only time that I got cards for a game I haven't played in ages was Awesomenauts the first day of the sale.