Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I'mt not sure if I've made this point yet, but Titanfall is fucking wonderful. Same feeling I had when I first got into Call of Duty, before 5 years of no innovation killed my passion for FPS multiplayers. Being able to wall run, double jump and so on adds a whole new feeling to the game. I actually have so much fun trying to take down Titans without my Titan (which is totally doable) that I've started just letting my Titan wander around behind me as a distraction. The other day I took down one Titan, it went nuclear, so I jumped off, hitched a ride on an enemy Titan and then took that one down too. :D

So much fun.

It's definitely a ton of fun. My only problem with it thus far is that after five hours or so, I feel like I've unlocked and accomplished most things. Kind of makes you wonder what more content wasn't included in the beta, because there really was quite a bit. I reached Level 14 in a few hours and had a decent selection of guns, I'd have to imagine there's more than the small selection given, though? I'd hope there's a ton more weapons for both humans and Titans, because it was a pretty small choice. Curious as to what the level cap will end up being too.

Yeah, I saw that. Waiting to get a better look at what's coming before jumping to conclusions. 15 Maps is a sweet selection, though. I'm not so bothered about guns, I usually end up finding a few combos that work and stick with those anyway, but I like to have some variety and it's always fun to aim for the next unlock. Hoping there's a lot of customization stuff too.

Definitely picking it up on launch, though. Seems like GMG is doing 20% off the pre-order too, so I think I'll put my money down on Wednesday when I get paid. What I've played thus far is worth the price alone.

Not looking forward to the 10 Map packs they'll probably release for like £10 each, though. But lol EA, I guess.

Well yeah, but when it comes to DLC, Battlefield is about up there with Capcom games for nickle and dimeing the shit out of players. And this is also from one half of the Call of Duty team, so it could be a perfect storm of horrible DLC pricing.

Got into the Origin beta for Titanfall yesterday morning and sunk about five hours into it during the evening. I am pretty bad at it so far, rarely getting more than like 8 pilot kills a game, and usually hovering around 3 to 5 pilot kills on average with a varying number of deaths. I have my good games, and my pretty shitty ones...which is typical for me, especially on "COD Style" fps games. The whole minion killing thing is kind of throwing me off a little since it's such a strange mechanic in an online FPS. I usually head straight for pilots and pick up the odd Grunt kills along the way.
That being said it's a tonne of fun so far. Mostly stuck with playing Attrition (one game of Hardpoint) and it's really hitting me with that "one more game" syndrome that I've been getting less and less lately from games. The pace is lightning fast with pretty smooth movement which is really showcased well in the Angel City map. The guns that are available feel pretty good, especially the SMG I've been running with and pretty much hip firing at close to medium range. I wish there was an option to hold down right mouse to do ADS instead of it being a toggle. I really don't like toggle ADS. Maybe I missed the option somewhere though.
The Titans feel a lot like mechs in Hawken, which is good as far as I'm concerned. My only complaint is it seems like they get dropped really fast in the matches sometimes. I know it has a lot to do with minion killing and burn cards, but having someone get their Titan within the first minute can kind of suck if he's not on your team.

So does anyone actually own the new Octodad game yet? Skummy, anyone?

I posted totalbuscuit and his foxwife playing it to my facebook wall, he said he couldn't flat out recommend it since it's key feature seemed to be that it was incredibly frustrating and difficult, but holy shit was it hillarious watching them fumble through it.

So does anyone actually own the new Octodad game yet? Skummy, anyone?

I posted totalbuscuit and his foxwife playing it to my facebook wall, he said he couldn't flat out recommend it since it's key feature seemed to be that it was incredibly frustrating and difficult, but holy shit was it hillarious watching them fumble through it.

A coworker of mine donated to it and was insanely ready for it to come out - only to beat the whole thing in two and a half hours.