Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

It's not easy at all. You have to learn the systems from the ground up, pretty much. We're talking a few hours of tutorial at least. It's not like Civ where you can pretty easily pick things up, make mistakes on easier difficulties and overcome them for next time. It's a great game and I don't regret the money I spent on it, but after about 17 hours I took a break for a while. Once I came back, I couldn't remember some of the more intricate systems and there was no way I was putting in tutorial time to learn them all over again.

If there's a cheaper option where you just get the base game, pick that up. I've seen it for under £10 in the past. Try it out. If you get into enough of the core content, the DLC will be worth the full price. I mean, there's only like four bits you really need anyway and they're rarely more than a fiver each.

• Like 2

It's not easy at all. You have to learn the systems from the ground up, pretty much. We're talking a few hours of tutorial at least. It's not like Civ where you can pretty easily pick things up, make mistakes on easier difficulties and overcome them for next time. It's a great game and I don't regret the money I spent on it, but after about 17 hours I took a break for a while. Once I came back, I couldn't remember some of the more intricate systems and there was no way I was putting in tutorial time to learn them all over again.

If there's a cheaper option where you just get the base game, pick that up. I've seen it for under £10 in the past. Try it out. If you get into enough of the core content, the DLC will be worth the full price. I mean, there's only like four bits you really need anyway and they're rarely more than a fiver each.

Especially when they then changed all the mechanics when new bits of DLC came out. I went from kind of understanding it almost to being so lost that I just gave up completely.

Welp, Facebook just purchased Oculus Rift. Zuckerbergs post about it seemed to focus entirely on using the tech for social application rather than gaming.

Oh well. There goes any hype I had for that.

EDIT: Aaaaand I guess I'm not the only one, Notch just announced that he's scrapping a deal to bring Minecraft to Rift because "facebook creeps me out". :P

Welp, Facebook just purchased Oculus Rift. Zuckerbergs post about it seemed to focus entirely on using the tech for social application rather than gaming.

Oh well. There goes any hype I had for that.

EDIT: Aaaaand I guess I'm not the only one, Notch just announced that he's scrapping a deal to bring Minecraft to Rift because "facebook creeps me out". :P

You hipster, Ticklez.

Also - I don't know how i'd feel about getting dat ass ninja'd by a creeper in VR. I may actually just poop my pants.

Oh well, I bought it

I was only gonna waste that money on a pizza or something, oh well

Get someone experienced to tutor you through it. I had a really good tutor who was happy to answer even the most mind-bendingly stupid questions to help me through it.

This may sound stupid, but I found out a lot about Crusader Kings II by save editing my character a lot of money and messing around from there. You'll last longer and you'll be able to get out of some issues with tons of cash, meaning you'll get further into a game and experience more.

Maybe not the best way to go about it, but eh - worked for me.

That sounds like a reasonable way to get to grips with the basic mechanics of the game. After that, it would be a case of learning how to manage your economy correctly, but at least you'd know what the things you were spending your money on were supposed to actually do, as opposed to leaping in blindly.