Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I might just reinstall Blood Bowl

You better finish the campaign with an all-skink team!

It's been so long since I've played it that I have no idea what that means >_>

Skinks are super weak, super un-agile players from the Lizardmen. The only thing that they got going for them is a lot of default movement points and some skills.

Basically the choice for a masochist.

I can't even remember who I liked playing with, I think it was the ones who are good at throwing and catching

I might just reinstall Blood Bowl

You better finish the campaign with an all-skink team!

It's been so long since I've played it that I have no idea what that means >_>

Skinks are super weak, super un-agile players from the Lizardmen. The only thing that they got going for them is a lot of default movement points and some skills.

Basically the choice for a masochist.

Not having that, an all Halfling team is the one for the masochist! Even with the trees they're not much better.

Skinks are one of my pet hates to play against. Spend far too long trying to catch the little buggers and when I do catch them I never seem to knock them down and they're at the other end of the pitch before you can react! Lizardmen are a good mix , lots of quick and hard to catch players supported by a bunch of muscle from Saurus and the Kroxigor. Lack starting skills but can be an interesting team. It's a Lizardmen team who're one of the favourites for our league, star player being a ST4 MV9 "Blodger" (has block and dodge, good combination to avoid getting hit) Skink! 

All depends on how you want to play, lots of options. Sounds like you were probably one of the elf teams MDK, good at moving the ball and dodging. Not too bad in a fight either.

Picked up Blood Bowl Chaos Edition with the Focus Home Interactive sale and holy fuck this game is complicated.

Yuuuup, best bet is to find a guide on YouTube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV3kQuapaTw

A few important tips:
You win by scoring more (Duh!)
Every roll of the dice is a chance to fail
Failed diceroll = end of turn
Do the non-diceroll moves first, they can't fail.
Expect every roll to fail, and think about what the worst case scenario might be in that case.
Roll from most dice to least dice, one-dice rolls are risky. 2-rolls are less risky etc. Risk is bad.
Don't use big guys to do anything other than stand around looking pretty.
Know the negatives of the players you're using, and never ''chance it'' with negatives because it'll mess you.
Cover the ball, make sure an AI can't run to your carrier without rolling and truck him over.

Most of these tips are from: https://fumbbl.com/help:The+Taoch!+of+Blood+Bowl%3A+A+Condensed+Guide+for+Newbies
It's mandatory reading.

Biggest motif of BB which you'll always see is: Take no unnecessary chances, winners are the ones with the least rolls.

I started up a campaign game as the Norse (are they new? I don't remember them being in when I played last) and I've just rolled over two teams at the start. These guys are awesome!

Norse are a very good team because all players have block by default, which means that in cases of ''both down'' you can pick that option because Block will keep your guy standing, also means less re-rolls which means generally goodness.

They are a bit squishy though and they all have the same Armor Value, so they can get injured quite a bit.

I am currently rolling with a Human run/gun team, got one passer and two catchers. Passer grabs the ball and runs behind the center-line crew, lineman form a diamond around him, and the blitzers go to work at clearing the backfield for a pass.

• Like 1

I started up a campaign game as the Norse (are they new? I don't remember them being in when I played last) and I've just rolled over two teams at the start. These guys are awesome!

Norse are a very good team because all players have block by default, which means that in cases of ''both down'' you can pick that option because Block will keep your guy standing, also means less re-rolls which means generally goodness.

They are a bit squishy though and they all have the same Armor Value, so they can get injured quite a bit.

I am currently rolling with a Human run/gun team, got one passer and two catchers. Passer grabs the ball and runs behind the center-line crew, lineman form a diamond around him, and the blitzers go to work at clearing the backfield for a pass.

When I've got back into this game again I will challenge you to a duel. Or wait until the next game, might give me more time to prepare >_>

I find it is best to play it like a game of chess, try and think a few moves ahead. But don't get over elaborate and fuck up like I always do _>

Always expect the worst to happen. That Minotaur attacking the Snotling? It will be triple skulls. The advice about unnecessary rolls is probably the truest thing in the game. Just because you have on paper an easy "downhill" block (multiple dice you choose), doesn't mean you should do it. Get your players in positions and think about what could happen if it goes wrong. You make that block and go down, you've potentially just broken your own "cage" for the opponent. The positional discipline and order of activations can be a tough skill to pick up properly. Unlike chess you don't just move the one piece so use the whole turn to set it all up for the important action.

For example, my goal in the first turn is to pick up the ball. I'd start that turn by looking at where the kick has put it and where my players and the opposing most dangerous players are. Best way to start is probably to use the couple of players in the nearest wide zone to form a screen and the opposite flank to come more infield before I start looking at rolling a dice. That way if I fail my pick up roll - at least in theory - there's something to stop the opposition from just picking it up, stealing possession and probably an early score. Of course, the fickle dice just makes those plays all the more memorable. Seeing a mummy somehow complete a long bomb pass to a zombie for a last turn potential touch down is great, almost as painful as when the zombie then fails a "go for it" into the endzone and suffers a serious injury!

Blood Bowl is managing risk and reward. Some teams are able to take a lot of risks (Wood Elf) while others have to be fairly simple and functional (dwarf). Enjoy the roller coaster, you don't play an Ogre team expecting things to be easy, there will be a turn when all 6 of your Ogres stand there and fail a Bonehead roll (can't act and has no tackle zone so opponents can walks straight past them) and you need to rely on your Snotlings to buy you time to recover and try to salvage the drive. Next turn though you may throw a Snotling at the ball carrier making the tackle of the season!

I picked up Blood Bowl 2 as well and tried a multiplayer game last night. Went up 2-0 and the guy conceded.  He was doing stupid shit, like running a guy on a route that made him have to dodge my guys 4 or 5 times in a row.

I got pissed off playing against an undead team in Blood Bowl and haven't played it since >_>

So I've moved on to Grid 2

You were playing as Norse weren't you? Those corpses can do quite some damage to low armour and grind you down pretty easily. Undead are one of the top tier teams for a reason so can be tough to deal with. Best tactic is to take the initiative with the ball and foul regularly. Remove the ghouls and they'll struggle to move the ball as easily then hope block will keep you on your feet.

Sounds like he forgot that important rule about not having to roll the dice there @KevinStorm Far too aggressive play. Unless it's a Gutter Runner/Wardancer. Bastard things :shifty:

Just had another BB2 game with my humans against an Orc player.  I went up 1-0 fairly early.  He tied the game in the beginning of the second half.  I pulled ahead 2-1 late in the second half.  He tied the game on the very last turn with a huge pass. 

I think it's time to set up a Blood Bowl thread... Or at least necro a blood bowl thread if there's already one.