Sign in to follow this  
RoHitman Reigns

Steam/PC Mega Thread

I told my wife about that and it's legit the first game since Tetris on the original GameBoy that she may sit down to play. :lol: 

• Like 1

dKwKFno.jpg

Before Pickle Rick, there was Carrot Guy.

• Like 1

God damn library sharing stopping working for absolutely no reason. Steam is rubbish sometimes.

Does anybody want a 50% Civilization VI digital deluxe code? Just checked my Steam Inventory and seem to have a code for some reason. 

Edit: Well I did have, I can't find it in my inventory. Didn't realise they expired :(

I really want to buy Rimworld at some point but I fear the curse of the lets play/streamer.

What do I mean? Well it'd be the 3rd time I'll have bought a game via being introduced by either lets play videos or live streamers and I found both of those other 2 games way more fun to watch than actually play myself after I'd bought and played them for a while.

Edited by Noah

I have 270 hours in Rimworld and whilst my interest comes and goes with the game, it's truly one of those games that allows me to sink hours and hours into just for the satisfying tedium that is building up a colony and dealing with all the shenanigans that come from it.

Naturally it always feels that whatever happens with streamers is more interesting and exciting for some reasons, but I feel the storytellers in Rimworld is really strong in making every colony fresh and exciting, if you yourself also try your best to switch things up.

Like when I got bored with the game a bit, I started to give myself a challenge, like a full random challenge. The first three pawns the game rando's for you, then the first random spot in the world that isn't annoyingly inhospitable (ice caps, full desert). Then I get to work.

I try to use vanilla safe mods that don't break the game's balance too much, like extra crops, expanded drugs, and QoL stuff that make pawn management easier.

• Like 1

I got into Rimworld after watching a few Let's Plays. Don't have as many hours as @Jasonmufc (think I'm around 150), but I love the game. So many different ways to play it, plus tons of mods means that you shouldn't have the same game twice, ever.

• Like 1

I lost the second Mid-Boss fight in Disgaea PC and I'm glad I didn't save over my OG save data, because I didn't realize it considers losing that fight to be a "game clear" and sets you back on Episode 1. 😂 I guess I need to powerlevel some more before I fight Mid-Boss again.

Once you get the bow in Dying Light, things get a lot nicer.

@Ruki.

Tips on Slay the Spire?

I can never win. 

I have now officially gone past the 100 hour mark playing Darkest Hour on steam.

Now I'll try being Italy in 1943. I mean things were going okay for them at that point irl right?

Edited by Noah

27 minutes ago, RPS said:

@Ruki.

Tips on Slay the Spire?

I can never win. 

Get lucky, mostly. Focus on getting as many relics as possible, since that can really alter how things go. Pick a type of deck you want to build early, and pick cards that compliment that.

My first win came with 'The Silence' or whatever it's called.... I focused heavily on Backstab (an innate card, 0 cost, that does like....10 damage?) and another innate card that gave me a 0 cost shiv each turn. With my damage attacks mostly figured out, I focused on two things: getting more energy per turn (cards like Flying Knee or whatever it's called) and poison. Poison is so strong if you can get that to stack. 

Yesterdays 'daily run' went super well for me. It was that every time you got a relic you got cursed, which sucks...but every time you get a curse you get +1 strength AND when you pick up a card, you get 3 copies. I managed to get Backstab, so starting every combat round, I had 3 backstabs that got stronger the more curses I had. 

Two Point Hospital has a release date of August 30th!!!

But the price is a little high :/

On 14/07/2018 at 03:45, Owen said:

God damn library sharing stopping working for absolutely no reason. Steam is rubbish sometimes.

It started working again! And then I tried to play another game and it stopped working again. GREAT.

@Owen

This is probably a dumb question but is the owner of the game you're playing opening a game on steam forcing yours to close down? 

Just finished Dying Light. It was a pretty good game! I'm excited for the sequel. I was iffy about the parkour to begin with, but it grew on me...as did the combat (eventually being able to camo + stealth kill made a lot of the game easy).

The last mission though was kind of really annoying. 

6 hours ago, iAmRockyFeller said:

@Owen

This is probably a dumb question but is the owner of the game you're playing opening a game on steam forcing yours to close down? 

Nope, he’s not even online. Tells me he needs to log in to my machine again despite the fact that when it worked before he didn’t have to do that again or anything

Mega Man X collection has been released this week. If you ever missed the original MMX now's the time to get it because MMX1 was the best Mega Man game.

On 18/07/2018 at 21:41, Ruki said:

Two Point Hospital has a release date of August 30th!!!

But the price is a little high 😕

I thought that. I've added it to my wishlist, so will wait for a sale. It's a must-have, just maybe not at release. 

On 17/07/2018 at 11:41, Ruki said:

Get lucky, mostly. Focus on getting as many relics as possible, since that can really alter how things go. Pick a type of deck you want to build early, and pick cards that compliment that.

My first win came with 'The Silence' or whatever it's called.... I focused heavily on Backstab (an innate card, 0 cost, that does like....10 damage?) and another innate card that gave me a 0 cost shiv each turn. With my damage attacks mostly figured out, I focused on two things: getting more energy per turn (cards like Flying Knee or whatever it's called) and poison. Poison is so strong if you can get that to stack. 

Yesterdays 'daily run' went super well for me. It was that every time you got a relic you got cursed, which sucks...but every time you get a curse you get +1 strength AND when you pick up a card, you get 3 copies. I managed to get Backstab, so starting every combat round, I had 3 backstabs that got stronger the more curses I had. 

beat it. finally. 

• Like 1

Playing Shadowrun Hong Kong.

I really need to stop trying to build street sams in the Shadowrun CRPGs. I'm leaving my childhood best friend behind because he's also a street sam but also because the rigger of our team can pretty much murder everything with his spider droid with a fucking cannon attached to it.