Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Me and the husband played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes last night. It was super fun. For those who don't know what it is, it is a local coop game where one player looks at the screen and has to defuse a bomb and is being given instructions from a second (or third or fourth) player who is reading them from a manual. You defuse the bomb by solving modules and you have a set time to do it (often 5 minutes in total). It is a fantastic party game and I see it having lots of replay value. 

• Like 4

Just now, RPS said:

Me and the husband played Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes last night. It was super fun. For those who don't know what it is, it is a local coop game where one player looks at the screen and has to defuse a bomb and is being given instructions from a second (or third or fourth) player who is reading them from a manual. You defuse the bomb by solving modules and you have a set time to do it (often 5 minutes in total). It is a fantastic party game and I see it having lots of replay value. 

For added fun try playing it in a different language.

That would be terrible. Haha.

We started playing it at around 9 and was planning on playing Catan or something else. Several beers later and it was midnight and we were still playing but very poorly because we were drunk. I still don't think we've successfully solved a maze module. 

I actually ended up buying it last night because roommates and some friends had wanted to do it, but then two of them ended up passing out and it eventually turned into two people hogging the game going back and forth while I kind of just sat there (we also weren't able to print out the manual so were forced to use one laptop for it). Needless to say I thought the game would end up being more fun than it actually was, but that's purely down to the situation I think. It can definitely be a fun game.

I think the more people you had, the worse the game would be. The game is about building communication between people and that would be hard the more people involved. 

I'm gonna go ahead and get The Culling and Keep Talking. Keep Talking seems like a great game for our couples game nights. And The Culling has an offline mode, which is something I'll likely play a lot of instead of getting beat by cheaters/spammers/people much better than me.

1 hour ago, RPS said:

I think the more people you had, the worse the game would be. The game is about building communication between people and that would be hard the more people involved. 

I mean we had planned on having it be taking turns sort of thing, so only one person would be giving the instructions at any one time. But it's a simple enough game where it can be played with people over Skype or something as well so perhaps that some time if anything.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I'm gonna go ahead and get The Culling and Keep Talking. Keep Talking seems like a great game for our couples game nights. And The Culling has an offline mode, which is something I'll likely play a lot of instead of getting beat by cheaters/spammers/people much better than me.

The Culling has an offline mode? Neat! Let me know how it is!

I'd love to tell you, but it has crashed on me every time I've tried to start the game, but once. And that one time I got in, I clicked on Settings and it crashed.

My laptop has no issues playing more requirement heavy games, so it's not that. I've put in a bug report every time it's crashed so hopefully it gets resolved before two weeks are up, or I'm going to have to request a refund. :(

Dark Souls is currently free on the Golden Joystick store page, but is only available to UK & EU users. Register with steam/email to get a copy

I'd post a direct link but I don't have access to site.

12 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Dark Souls is currently free on the Golden Joystick store page, but is only available to UK & EU users. Register with steam/email to get a copy

I'd post a direct link but I don't have access to site.

THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER!

Check the discounted DARK SOULS III Preorder!

How much did they pay you to shill it? >_>

10 hours ago, MDK said:

THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER!

Check the discounted DARK SOULS III Preorder!

How much did they pay you to shill it? >_>

Nothing :( Probably why I got the notice so late :/
Seems as if they had a limited amount of keys to give out and they went too quickly

Edited by Rocky