Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

On 3/18/2016 at 03:01, Cloudy said:

Stardew Valley is really neat and relaxing and I like it, but man, I wish the movement speed was faster. I get that it's supposed to be like Harvest Moon, plan your day out so you don't miss anything, etc., but compared to the way the rest of the world moves in-game I feel like I'm walking through molasses just to water my tomato garden.

The movement speed is tied to the clock. I mean it would be a simple fix to make movement speed doubled and also double the speed the clock moves at. I prefer the slower pace because it kind of gives you time to think about what you want to achieve next whilst doing that task. But you do get something eventually that seems to make you move at like three times your normal walking speed (just guessing, you're deffo much quicker).   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

I can't justify paying $40 for a game that I know will aggravate me. $20 is the maximum I can pay for a game that I know will piss me off. :P 

Let me see what my pay is like for this week and then if it's good enough I can take the financial hit for a game that you'll know will piss your off.

Bought Subnautica, took forever to find an area where silver ore spawns, decide to build a base in that general area, gets too into trying to build a seabase and dies from oxygen loss. Ragequits, losing some progress to avoid losing "some items".

I rather like this game, though.

I started playing GTA Online on PC, having to use my brother's Social Club account since I'm using his shared copy of GTAV on Steam. So that means I had to start all over from scratch, my level 100+ PlayStation character is stuck in purgatory until I get a job/poop out money/win the lottery and get a PS4. 

First time I've played it since our PS3 broke like, two years ago. I'm enjoying larger lobbies and all the new clothes, cars, game modes etc. so far, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having roughly a jillion dollars, every clothes option in the game, tons of modded cars etc. but hey, now once I get to that point in PC Online, I can start filling my garages with every lowrider ever!

Also, freeroaming is still just as fun as it was before. I think one of my favorite things to do is still just to drive out to Blaine County and mess around in the desert, or take a bicycle and ride around town by myself. 

4 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

I started playing GTA Online on PC, having to use my brother's Social Club account since I'm using his shared copy of GTAV on Steam. So that means I had to start all over from scratch, my level 100+ PlayStation character is stuck in purgatory until I get a job/poop out money/win the lottery and get a PS4. 

First time I've played it since our PS3 broke like, two years ago. I'm enjoying larger lobbies and all the new clothes, cars, game modes etc. so far, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having roughly a jillion dollars, every clothes option in the game, tons of modded cars etc. but hey, now once I get to that point in PC Online, I can start filling my garages with every lowrider ever!

Can you set your computer as one that is shared to his account (or vice versa, whatever) so you can log in with your own stuff? Then I can play with you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MDK said:

Can you set your computer as one that is shared to his account (or vice versa, whatever) so you can log in with your own stuff? Then I can play with you!

I'm not really sure. I don't think so? He shared all of his Steam games with my Steam account, and when I downloaded GTA V and tried to login with my R* Social Club info, it asked me for a game activation code. Seeing as I didn't buy the game, I didn't have one, so I took a shot and used his and it said it was, obviously, already registered and in use. So I made a second character on his Social Club account and have been using that. He never plays (last played GTA in January, when he bought it) so I just basically took over his Social Club account, I guess.

I'd like my own copy, but jesus, GTAV is still $59.99 on Steam. EDIT: Yep, Steam Family Sharing is disabled with GTAV. So I either have to play using his Steam account (what I'm doing currently), or buy my own copy. What a ballache.

On 3/19/2016 at 16:15, RPS said:

it has never come across my mind to ever buy Kerbal Space Program. That is like the opposite idea of fun for me. 

It's really rewarding when you accomplish a goal.

On the other hand it's really infuriating when you get a Kerbal all the way to the Mun and he dies because the ship runs out of fuel on the descent to the surface and gravity picks its speed up so much it explodes on impact.

There's a really good Humble Bundle available at the moment. It's a collection of SEGA strategy games, and it includes the following:

$1 or more:

Company of Heroes Complete Edition

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Master Collection

Medieval II: Total War Collection

Rome: Total War Collection

SEGA Genesis/MegaDrive Strategy Collection

Beat The Average:

Valkyria Chronicles

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Grand Master Collection

Eastside Hockey Manager

Total War: Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai Collection

66% off Football Manager 2016

$12 or more:

Total War: ATTILA

Company of Heroes 2: Master Collection

• Like 1

Going back to GTA:O.. is there some strategy for the Pacific Standard Bank heist that I don't know about? I was doing it with 3 randoms, and one of them kept yelling at me and another guy to STAY IN THE BANK. So we did. And the heist failed, because we "failed to escape the bank". Second attempt, me and the other guy think "ok that didn't work" and we leave the bank. Immediately get yelled at to STAY IN THE BANK. Go back to the bank. Fail the exact same way. Third time, we left the bank and ignored the heist leader and got yelled at to stay in the bank. I pointed out that we failed the mission twice because of that, got called an idiot, so I just quit. 

I don't have that luxury since I'm on PC >_> once in a while you do find a group of cool people to hang out with, but a lot of times PC lobbies seem to be rife with modders or people mowing everyone down in attack choppers. That sort of thing typically happens in smaller lobbies, but I've found that if I get into a lobby of 20+ people it's usually pretty okay.

I haven't played all too much on PC, but I think the only time I've come across an obvious modder was when someone was just going on a rampage and I did NO damage to them despite hitting them multiple times, and when someone turned everyone's character model into a christmas tree.

A few heists I've been in there have been some cool people who added me.

Also, I bought Blood Dragon since it was under $5 with the Ubisoft sale. Any other games worth looking into other than Division (no interest), Watch Dogs (overrated and played on 360), or anything Assassin's Creed?

I CAN like RPG's... As for the show, I think I was only really into it when it first came out in the 90's. I have heard good things about the game, though, so I may look into it over the weekend.

Would Siege be worth looking into? I ended up enjoying it during the Alpha and Beta they had.