Sign in to follow this  
RoHitman Reigns

Steam/PC Mega Thread

9 hours ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Is this the part where I ask for decent gamepad settings for Assetto Corsa? :shifty:
Also, no Silverstone :w00t:

I mean if you're serious, I can get you one. I actually am in a league where a few guys are setting obscene times with just a gamepad.

1 hour ago, Jasonmufc said:

I mean if you're serious, I can get you one. I actually am in a league where a few guys are setting obscene times with just a gamepad.

Serious competition, nah. Gonna get AC once I upgrade my laptop and using it for literally shits and giggles.

Real talk: How good is AC?

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Real talk: How good is AC?

Mod scene's pretty fecking good.

1 minute ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Mod scene's pretty fecking good.

But the actual base game? I am a casual racing game fan but if I find one I like, I sink a lot of hours into it.

15 minutes ago, MDK said:

But the actual base game? I am a casual racing game fan but if I find one I like, I sink a lot of hours into it.

From what I know, pretty dang good. Don't own it because I can just theoretically run it.

9 minutes ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Don't own it because I can just theoretically run it.

Peasant

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, MDK said:

These cars and tracks are in the base of AC

224a659add8275825f0dae8fa5813d4f.png

c14f58ccedfb8c4385249aba4407d5da.png

Assetto Corsa and its DLC does pretty regularly go on sale, which can net you up to 75% savings on the packs.

And there is an absolute metric fucktonne of DLC of every possible variety, highly accurate representations of cars/tracks that rival the developer's own creations, to stuff like Reliant Robin's, RV's, and the car from the Flintstones.

Also there are a lot of different guides out there to get gamepads to work, and you can get really consistent if you drive enough with only gamepad and maybe one or two aids turned up to help with smoother cornering inputs.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the 'Ultimate Edition' has every single piece of DLC, so if you get that one you'll be completely set. Since the game is no longer being developed (due to Kunos focusing on the GT3 based Competizione now)

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

My better half is getting into RTS games. Outside Warcraft and Starcraft, what should I tell him to play.

1 hour ago, RPS said:

My better half is getting into RTS games. Outside Warcraft and Starcraft, what should I tell him to play.

Age of Empires is a pretty classic RTS series, Company of Heroes and it's sequel are very well done ww2 RTS games that are a lot of fun. I've spent a ton of time with both.

• Like 1

The Total War games have a good mix of turn-based and real-time strategy. I'd say the best ones are Rome, Medieval 2, Napoleon and Shogun 2.

4 hours ago, RPS said:

If you never want to see him again get CKII

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

The Total War games have a good mix of turn-based and real-time strategy. I'd say the best ones are Rome, Medieval 2, Napoleon and Shogun 2.

I feel Rome 2 gets a bad rep, it's somehow been made pretty good in all the years since release. It might not be as legendary as RTW1 and MTW2, but it's definitely the easiest title to actually jump into as it has a lot of quality of life features, most notable ones being able to recruit in-state rather than needing a stack in a city and having to move them all around the world just to get them into a battle, or stacks being reinforced over time.

Also, Warhammer Total War is quite good if they want to play with high fantasy instead.

16 minutes ago, MDK said:

If you never want to see him again get CKII

Be prepared for "Today I castrated a two week old baby" to be a not entirely inappropriate thing you say.

52 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I feel Rome 2 gets a bad rep, it's somehow been made pretty good in all the years since release. It might not be as legendary as RTW1 and MTW2, but it's definitely the easiest title to actually jump into as it has a lot of quality of life features, most notable ones being able to recruit in-state rather than needing a stack in a city and having to move them all around the world just to get them into a battle, or stacks being reinforced over time.

Also, Warhammer Total War is quite good if they want to play with high fantasy instead.

The biggest issue, for me, with RTW2 was the lack of character development - something that started with Shogun 2, but definitely further removed in RTW2. I missed the vices and virtues system. 

39 minutes ago, Dickon Manwoody said:

Be prepared for "Today I castrated a two week old baby" to be a not entirely inappropriate thing you say.

Sometimes I play CKII and something new will surprise me. I've yet to have that one, though.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2019 at 13:08, RPS said:

Well, i've got just the game for you.

https://www.myabandonware.com/game/z-2uk

You can play it in your browser and a little know how of MS-DOS to configure the sound.

RTS game from 1996. Pretty basic and easy to pick up. You're the red team, and all you need to do is take the blue teams base, with some added comedy. @9 to 5 recommends it.

• Like 3

Playing ME2 and the bad guys are all like

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Man, I really want to see Elcor Hamlet. All fourteen hours of it.

I did this. I call it "Space Oddity but it's Mass Effect".

Spoiler

Alliance Command to Commander Shepard
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Alliance Command to Commander Shepard (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)
This is Alliance Command to Commander Shepard
You've really made the grade
And the Extranet want to know whose Omni-Tool you wear
Now it's time to leave the shuttle if you dare

This is Commander Shepard to Alliance Command
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today

For here am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the Relay
My girlfriend's skin is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Though I'm past one hundred thousand lightyears
I'm feeling very still
And I think the Normandy knows which way to go
Tell Liara I love her very much (she knows)

Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Commander Shepard?
Can you

Here am I floating 'round my tin can
Far above the Relay
My girlfriend's skin is blue
And there's nothing I can do

• Like 3

I keep restarting Doom but keep stopping because it scares the shit out of me.

• Haha 1

On 28/03/2019 at 08:17, MDK said:

I keep restarting Doom but keep stopping because it scares the shit out of me.

Wimp.

20 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Wimp.

I've played the intro and first bit of the game about 5 times!