Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

Hearthstone's "Whispers of the Old Gods" came out yesterday, and with that the new "Standard" format: we're officially in "year of the Kraken", and only cards from the past 2 years can be played when you're playing using the Standard rule set. I'm not sure what makes a 'year' - an actual year, or a set amount of time between expansion releases. It seems like right now you can use almost every card in Standard.

Also, for logging in during the Whispers of the Old Gods release week you get a free legendary (C'thun), and 13 free card packs - 3 for just logging in, 5 for winning your first two games in Standard, and another 5 cards for winning another seven games in Standard. 

I just started playing again yesterday.. wow The rust is real. Some of the new cards are pretty damn helpful too. and if you ever get to pull the c'thun after using some helpful cards, you are in for a god match.

• Like 1

The Doomcaller/C'thun combo is great. I was playing last night against a shaman and I played my buffed up C'thun (18/18), and he proceeds to emote "that was a mistake" and "sorry" at me. Kills C'thun. So I played Doomcaller next turn, C'thun gets shuffled back into my deck and becomes a 20/20 creature. Five turns later, I get C'thun out and win. It felt great.

• Like 1

I guess I have to get better at Isaac so it doesn't feel like a wasted purchase, since my refund request was turned down. <_< I can't say I even knew Steam refunds were a thing until a few weeks ago, and I'd read a few posts on message boards, comments on Steam etc. saying "oh they'll refund you for basically anything as long as it's under two hours played", "they play pretty loose with that whole within 14 days of purchase thing", so I figured I'd submit a request because the worst that happens is I have to get better at Isaac. Guess that's what I'm going to have to do now >_>

• Like 1

So I finally spent some quality time with Overwatch last night.  I did not know there was a $40 version for the PC as well as a $60 version.

I mention this because this game is extremely easy to pick up and play.  Doubly so with a controller (in my case, a Dualshock 4 with InputMapper).  Controls on the keyboard may seem a bit daunting, but every character essentially has two forms of attack and one "ultra" ability.

For example, I spent quite a bit of time playing as Mercy (the lady with the mechanical angel wings) last night.  Two weapons, one a healing/buff gun and the other a pistol.  L1 vaulted me to whoever I was healing/buffing, Triangle (when charged) resurrected someone who had died.

As someone who finds TF2 a bit much, Overwatch seems the right balance of polish and balance.  $60?  Nah, not unless you just wanna have a shooter.  $40 if you have a PC that can handle it?  Maaaaaybe.

27 minutes ago, Meacon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Has anyone played Sir, You are Being Hunted? It sounds like it could be fun.

I played it for about 20 minutes...I couldn't get into it.

Steam has been hitting me with a lot of Marvel Heroes ads lately, and despite having never played it I am wondering if I should give it a try... Has anyone tried it out, I heard it improved a lot in 2015 and I was wondering what the game is like?

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I've used the site before twice for pre-orders (something I very rarely do unless I get a good deal), and I received the keys about a day before release.

Rawk.  For reference, I just received my key for DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMM about an hour ago.  Let the 43.6 GB slog commence!

5 minutes ago, Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

That's a lotta gigs!

For someone who has bought NBA 2k these past years, it's about par for the course. They're basically literal console rips nowadays, BluRay sizes are off the charts and they don't give a flying fuck about compression anymore.

3 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

For someone who has bought NBA 2k these past years, it's about par for the course. They're basically literal console rips nowadays, BluRay sizes are off the charts and they don't give a flying fuck about compression [or arbitrary ISP data caps] anymore.

Still so, so very angry about this.

• Like 2

I'm really loving Battleborn even more after getting into the PvP stuff. Right now I really enjoy playing as Oscar Mike and Shayne & Aurox, though I want to try others out to get a better feel for them.

I really want them to just put Rimworld on Steam already. The developer is saying you get keys if you buy now in a wink wink nudge nudge type of way but I'd much prefer something super explicit. Plus because it's still in Alpha I'd prefer Steam to just update it whenever there's a new version than needing to download and delete the old ones and keep track of all that stuff.

On 5/11/2016 at 23:24, Jasonmufc said:

Steam has been hitting me with a lot of Marvel Heroes ads lately, and despite having never played it I am wondering if I should give it a try... Has anyone tried it out, I heard it improved a lot in 2015 and I was wondering what the game is like?

I'm actually downloading it now though I've not seen ads for it. I just wanted to try a MMO type game and this was the closest thing to interesting for me.

Might not get to play it until the weekend though.