Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

This War of Mine is the most brutal game I have played in a while. Not because of the whole war thing, but because when a character dies it is like a punch in the jewells.

38 minutes ago, MDK said:

And I'm the middle of LA Noire. I forgot just how much I enjoyed this game and how gorgeous it looks.

I loved LA Noire, the only thing that soured my experience were the very ambiguous line of interrogating, where calling someone out with a lie and having actual proof wouldn't register because it wasn't the right proof or it wasn't the right time to call the guy out on his bullshit.

Or where you doubt him for another blatant lie which you have no proof for, and you get chewed out for it.

It was still a good experimental game, and it's a shame that they never really went any further with the formula.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jasonmufc said:

I loved LA Noire, the only thing that soured my experience were the very ambiguous line of interrogating, where calling someone out with a lie and having actual proof wouldn't register because it wasn't the right proof or it wasn't the right time to call the guy out on his bullshit.

Or where you doubt him for another blatant lie which you have no proof for, and you get chewed out for it.

It was still a good experimental game, and it's a shame that they never really went any further with the formula.

Yeah, that was/is quite annoying. I really hope they get round to a sequel or a spiritual sequel of sorts, maybe in New York or (and this would be amazing) The Orient Express or The Trans-Siberian.

On 7/25/2016 at 10:24, Robsturgh said:

It's kind of ridiculous right? I remember looking at some footage of it when it was first in early access and thinking "Nah, this'll never be as feature filled as Terraria". Bought it yesterday and ...holy shit they've done work to that thing. Mighty fine game now.

I have tried to play Terraria on like 5 different occasions and just completely given up each time. I am sure that game is for somebody, but it is not for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MDK said:

Which of those is worth it?

The Banner Saga, SOMA and Town of Salem are fun. I'm gonna try The Uncertain later this week. WWE2k16 I've been meaning to get, just haven't yet. Not sure about the others.

Tropico 4 is free for a couple days on the Humble Store.

Humble Store's End of Summer (:() sale has begun too, so there's pretty big discounts on there for a bunch of other things as well.

I managed to pick up Postal 2, Monday Night Combat and Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition for about £5 altogether. 

Also played through the first episode of Life is Strange (which is free, by the way!), and I enjoyed it. I'm quite stingy, however, so I'm not sure whether I want to play ~£15 for it.

EDIT: I caved. And I've already completed episode 2. Oops.

EDIT: and I've already finished the whole thing. That only took me, what? 3 days? Oops.

Edited by Owen

Playing through Divinity Original Sin (Enchanted Edition)....just finishing up in Hunters Edge (I think that's what it's called)

I'm kinda uncomfortable with the racism. Like, I get the orcs are big bad and mean and shit...but these mountain men are just goign around slaughtering all of them. What the heck, game?!

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

Playing through Divinity Original Sin (Enchanted Edition)....just finishing up in Hunters Edge (I think that's what it's called)

Hide contents

I'm kinda uncomfortable with the racism. Like, I get the orcs are big bad and mean and shit...but these mountain men are just goign around slaughtering all of them. What the heck, game?!

It's not racism, they're evil.

• Like 1

Not Steam, but uPlay. But you can get 'The Crew' for free from Ubisoft for their anniversary stuff. You can simply claim it to your account, and you don't need to download or play it.

Less than 2 years old, a racing game where you can drive coast to coast and places in between.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1