Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

So to add on to the Little Ones dlc and all remaining Escapists dlc, I've now finally purchased 60 seconds in this sale.

The track record for games I've bought due to youtubers is not great with me not really enjoying Minecraft anywhere near as much actually playing it, as I did watching RedDash16's videos about it on youtube and I found it tough getting into the Escapists despite loving theSparrowsJourney videos about it. Though to be fair I really got into the Walking Dead dlc for the Escapists and I still have hopes for getting equally as excited over the rest of the dlc.

Seeing as I mentioned The Little Ones dlc, This War of Mine was a game I purchased before watching a lets play on it but the lets play made me appreciate it more quickly than I would have just playing it, so that almost counts but not really. :P

5 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Ah, rats. I did a bit of looking and apparently the consensus is that in the first week or two the port was really shaky, but since then they've fixed a lot of bugs and issues and it's solid now. Might have to buy it while it's on sale, but I'm also kind of hoping that when Disgaea 2 comes out they'll run another deal, hopefully a package deal with 1 & 2.

Yeah, I wanted to answer but I saw you found out already. The first few weeks reeked of bad (and very late) port, but its now pretty much the definitive version of Hour of Darkness. It got all the exclusives from the handheld ports, with all the media from the PS2 version, and many fixes thrown in that lingered on the previous versions.

Also very excited that Cursed Memories is gonna hit the PC early next year, since I never got the chance to play that. (Played HOD on DS)

8 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Personally I stick to the major key sites (G2Play, G2A, Kinguin, CDkeys.com, and a couple others), since they're well run and as legit as gray-market can get. And they really go hard on the savings when you get a lucky find... I managed to save 15 euros the other day getting the latest two EU4 DLC that were still priced 15/20 on Steam.

At this point, Steam sales don't ever really register for me unless a game I play has a massive DLC sale going on (Payday 2 in the past), which makes Steam the easier and cheaper choice anyways. But for single purchases, it's just not interesting anymore.

I use Kinguin a lot. Nearing 150 purchases from there. Only had one minor hiccup which was quickly fixed.

Edited by Rocky

Anyone playing Planet Coaster?

I got it last night, and spent an hour just messing around with the entrance of my park. I didn't put down any rides or anything - just played around with making a Western mine entrance. And I was loving it.

9 hours ago, Cloudy said:

My computer can't run it. :(

So instead I've been watching people play on Twitch and YouTube.

I might have bought a new computer just to play it >_>

It's fun, but isn't very deep. Like the design stuff is deep, the getting to make your park pretty is great. But the actual simulation/management park stuff isn't good at all really.

It's kind of like City Skylines where after a few hours you realise it's more a traffic simulator rather than being about managing a city.

• Like 1

I love the game so far. I spent a few hours on Saturday and Sunday with it, and all I was doing was adding little details to my coasters. Creating little buildings to match the theme is surprisingly easy, and there is already a bunch of cool stuff on the Steam Workshop that you can download and use.

On 12/6/2016 at 22:57, RoHitman Reigns said:

Bought the humble bundle, still have Democracy 3 and Train Simulator up for grabs as I got D3 already and trains seems meh to me personally

On Train Simulator if you don't play it for a few days does that count as going on strike?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Kerbal Space Program is on sale for $13.69 or something like that. It's been on my wishlist for over a year, but I still have the same laptop and I doubt it'll actually run on mine. May still grab it, though, because that's easily the lowest price it's been.

Its worth it. I haven't played it for a while but last I played the campaign mode was a lot of fun. And if you like Kerbal have a look at Besiege, kind of similar but instead of building spaceships and going into space you have to build war machines and attack castles and shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thatshortguy said:

+1 on Besiege.  I don't remember KSP being too harsh graphically, so maaaaybe with the specs turned down the laptop could handle it?  My previous machine (built when Windows 7 released its first RC) handled it fine.  Same deal with Besiege, but I couldn't run it on max.

Graphically less so, but computationally it is a beast. There are so many moving parts that are all being calculated at the same time, it puts a real strain on the game and the system it is run on. Less so nowadays, but a few years back any big spacecraft was gonna come with a shittonne of lag.