Your favourite games of 2011

For me it has to be Barca/AC Milan in the CL group stages, from a neutral perspective it was a wonderful game between 2 of the worlds best and did not dissapoint.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=KFKYBIKkXF0

This comes a close second

So, what are the favourite games you've watched this year?

Edited by Dont Fear The Reaper

I'd love to be all neutral and shit, but I can't look past the Arsenal 4-4. The scoreline was amazing, but to end it with that Tiote strike was indescribable. If only Nolan hasn't dragged a shot just wide it would've been even better.

Guest mr. potato head

So, this one isn't limited to just soccer, right?

The hands-down winner for me is the last-day-of-the-season Rays/Yankees game. Absolutely everything on the line, craziness going on in the Boston game at the same time, Tampa needs the win to make the playoffs and falls behind 7-0 early, but the Rays slowly fight back including a pinch hit home run from a fucking .108 hitter to send it into extra innings where Longoria's second homer wins it. Possibly the best baseball game I've ever watched.

The absolute craziness of Game 6 of the World Series has to be up there too. I didn't watch a ton of baseball this year, but that game was incredibly epic and in most years would be the easy pick.

Milos Raonic vs. Andy Roddick was quite fun as well. Also good was the Djokovic/Federer series, especially at the US Open. Not exactly a 'game' but the Indy 500 was excellent this year.

On a much lower scale, Canada/Zimbabwe from the Cricket World Cup just for the first few seconds. :shifty:

On an even lower scale, this Saginaw/Guelph OHL game was tremendous fun to attend in person. Guelph scored 59 seconds into the game, but fell behind 2-1 and didn't even get a second shot off until late in the first period. 3-1 Saginaw after two, but Guelph roars back with five goals in the third as Saginaw just completely falls apart, the game-winner and two insurance goals are scored in the last six minutes.

So, this one isn't limited to just soccer, right?

The hands-down winner for me is the last-day-of-the-season Rays/Yankees game. Absolutely everything on the line, craziness going on in the Boston game at the same time, Tampa needs the win to make the playoffs and falls behind 7-0 early, but the Rays slowly fight back including a pinch hit home run from a fucking .108 hitter to send it into extra innings where Longoria's second homer wins it. Possibly the best baseball game I've ever watched.

The absolute craziness of Game 6 of the World Series has to be up there too. I didn't watch a ton of baseball this year, but that game was incredibly epic and in most years would be the easy pick.

Milos Raonic vs. Andy Roddick was quite fun as well. Also good was the Djokovic/Federer series, especially at the US Open. Not exactly a 'game' but the Indy 500 was excellent this year.

On a much lower scale, Canada/Zimbabwe from the Cricket World Cup just for the first few seconds. :shifty:

On an even lower scale, this Saginaw/Guelph OHL game was tremendous fun to attend in person. Guelph scored 59 seconds into the game, but fell behind 2-1 and didn't even get a second shot off until late in the first period. 3-1 Saginaw after two, but Guelph roars back with five goals in the third as Saginaw just completely falls apart, the game-winner and two insurance goals are scored in the last six minutes.

Didn't understand a word of it.

Had to check this was in 2011, and it was... just. Blackpool 2-3 Man Utd. Such a bad first half for United. I think I recall coming on here and seeing someone write us off (a United fan, too) just like they'd been doing for a long time before, then we went and turned it around in the second half. I think I flamed a little after that game, and that member hasn't posted in the thread since. Oops. :shifty:

On an entirely biased standpoint, the atmosphere at the Bridge when we beat United 2-1 last March was electric. This was, of course, back when we dared to believe we could mount the king of all title challenging comebacks.

I can't remember most games well enough after the event to judge them from a neutral/technical/whatever perspective. :shifty:

Had to check this was in 2011, and it was... just. Blackpool 2-3 Man Utd. Such a bad first half for United. I think I recall coming on here and seeing someone write us off (a United fan, too) just like they'd been doing for a long time before, then we went and turned it around in the second half. I think I flamed a little after that game, and that member hasn't posted in the thread since. Oops. :shifty:

Was that the game where Blackpool had an absolutely blatant penalty turned down at 2-0? I thought they were robbed, however United won me some money that day so not a toss was given....

My teamhas won very few matches in 2011. 9 to be exact, and that includes a Carling Cup win over Tranmere. So for me it is our 2-1 victory away at Peterborough on October 1st. Dean Saunders had just arrived, it was his second game in charge and the heat was ridiculous for an October day. It was beautiful. Before the game our chairman stepped onto the terraces, walked up right in front of me and began a conversation with me and the few other fans in the ground at the time. We went into the game and withstood a barrage from Peterborough, and eventually came from behind to win 2-1. The pure passion and energy that day was off the charts, it felt like an upturn had really happened. Hopefully that holds true but there is a long way to go yet.

It has been a largely miserable year it has to be said!

The comeback against West Ham was one I remember fondly, don't remember it being the best game but I remember being really fired up for the second half and scoring 4 goals in 20 minutes to turn the game around was awesome. The win against City with that Rooney goal was excellent and I did quite enjoy the 8-2 against Arsenal too. Not so much the 6-1 against City :(

I've not watched as much live football as I might this year, so I can't think of much beyond Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal just for the sheer incredibility of the score-line; and the Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal, for the come-back in the second half and for Barton almost stealing it in the last minute.

To pick a game from another sport, this seasons' NFL opener between the Packers and the Saints for getting me into the NFL - Taking me from a (very) passing interest in the sport to being a 'proper fan.' A very, very entertaing game. Also, the Lions coming back from 27-3 down to beat the Cowboys.