[EWR] 1998 scenario, version XXVIII

Here is the latest update for the wrestler data:

http://www.mediafire.com/?r63tuycf2i1iae4

It contains 1682 wrestlers. I would like input on any errors you see, stats suggestions, and additions. I don't really have anybody else to go into the wrestlers, so I'll continue working on tweaking and fixing things in that while branching out into other areas (tag teams, alter egos, and staff... the latter of which will be difficult as well).

But I'm pleased to say the wrestlers are getting close to complete! I still need help on filling rosters and things of that nature as well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing work, One thing I have never agreed with is moving 'ring announcers' to production but I can fix that myself just a personal preference.

The Pic pack goes with my huge collection perfectly a lot of really good finds in there.

I don't think I have ever seen a larger collection of accurate staff workers for WCW in any scenario Kudos

Amazing work if you need any help with adding owners to the federations that don't have one created as well as anything else let me know via email

Amazing work, One thing I have never agreed with is moving 'ring announcers' to production but I can fix that myself just a personal preference.

The Pic pack goes with my huge collection perfectly a lot of really good finds in there.

I don't think I have ever seen a larger collection of accurate staff workers for WCW in any scenario Kudos

Amazing work if you need any help with adding owners to the federations that don't have one created as well as anything else let me know via email

Thanks for the compliments. A lot of the pictures weren't easy to find and I had to do cuts myself from YouTube or scour the Internet for them.

I don't really agree with putting the ring announcers in production either, but it's the way the game was designed, so I went with it.

I might have to take you up on your offer to help, as I'll need assistance moving forward. At least the workers section itself is mostly complete, though promotions need filling out (including the rosters, staff, events, belts, and other info).

And I still have tag teams and relationships. Alter egos are coming along well enough (have 200 or so entered as of this post).

But yeah, glad you like it.

I personally just finished doing relationships for this scenario, just started from scratch working off another scenario I made for 1999. I also adjusted some of the overness for the unsigned workers. I may only keep in a few of the non wrestlers that were used around this time(rodman malone pamala ect) I am not done relationships but have 1332.(not sure how many you had when I got it) I will do a lot of work on the scenario before I am ready to use it, but man you gave me a great launching point.

I removed some of the workers and made them staff members, like Ricky Steamboat Bad News Allen ect But again that is personal choice.

I plan on working on filling those rosters and creating missing owners ect, If you want me to send you my finished editing and additions I can.

I was planning on going to alter egos next but if you did 200 or so I would graciously love that file to work off of.

Here is the relationships for now, I will continue to add to them I have several missing (Samoan family isn't accurate) but its a good start

Relate.dat I run a OOTP sim so I will just host my work off there for you.

Edited by PhilaHitman

- I'd personally put Triple H's brawl to 84 so it would be equal with HBK.

- I'd raise Jeff Hardy's speed to at least 79.

- I'd raise Kane's brawling by 1 or 2 points.

- Lower Benoit's selling a bit.

- Raise Hennig's selling.

- I'd check Shooting for Dean Malenko

- Lower Eddie Guerreros selling a bit

- Lower Eddie Guerreros charisma to 89.

- I'd check Fonz Factor for Randy Savage.

- Raise Ric Flair's selling to about 98.

- Raise New Jack's stiffnes to around 90.

- Add friendship or loyalty between Mark Henry and Bret Hart. Henry trained at The Dungeon.

- I'd put Heyman-Sandman as loyalty.

- I'd put relationships between The Kliq as loyalty.

- Add CM Punk to the game if he's not in it.

You've done a really good job with this. Keep up the good job! I for one are looking forward to seeing the final product.

Edited by Mr.Perfekt

I personally just finished doing relationships for this scenario, just started from scratch working off another scenario I made for 1999. I also adjusted some of the overness for the unsigned workers. I may only keep in a few of the non wrestlers that were used around this time(rodman malone pamala ect) I am not done relationships but have 1332.(not sure how many you had when I got it) I will do a lot of work on the scenario before I am ready to use it, but man you gave me a great launching point.

I removed some of the workers and made them staff members, like Ricky Steamboat Bad News Allen ect But again that is personal choice.

I plan on working on filling those rosters and creating missing owners ect, If you want me to send you my finished editing and additions I can.

I was planning on going to alter egos next but if you did 200 or so I would graciously love that file to work off of.

Here is the relationships for now, I will continue to add to them I have several missing (Samoan family isn't accurate) but its a good start

Relate.dat I run a OOTP sim so I will just host my work off there for you.

Your relationship data looks like it's going to come in handy. I'm going to go through yours and mine and cross-check, also eliminate ones that might not apply for January 1st, 1998, and also edit the names, but yeah, thank you.

CM Punk and most indies are in the game under real there real names like Phil Brooks. I can go ahead and do the staffing if you like and post that here, I like the idea of combing our work. I have a 1999 scenario that's pretty accurate I never released online, because I personally went and edited each wrestlers ratings to my liking, when I looked at Bret Hart in your scenario I was very pleased to see we rated him similar. Let me know how I can help you even if you decide to just take my work and edit and add too it.

By the way, I definitely intend on giving you and others credit on all your work.

I have a running list in my head of people to "thank" if I ever release a full version... DocPepper, Bill1996, Andrew (I don't know his full name, but the guy who did the original less detailed/accurate scenarios way back in the day) and yourself, as well as EWB in general.

I'm going to lower WWF's image to 30%, compared to WCW's 60%. I took an average of the first month's worth of RAWs, Nitros, and Thunders, thanks to Gerweck: http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/1998-ratings/ (Nitro in first column, then Raw, then Thunder last)

I came up with the following conclusions...

Raw's rating = 80% of Nitro, 92% of Thunder

Thunder avg = 3.8675

Nitro avg = 4.4925

Raw avg = 3.5725

After finding different results with just a 25% PI gap, I ran a game as WWF at 30% PI compared to WCW at 60% PI and auto-booked the first RAW using a mix of main eventers and upper carders. I came up with the following results:

I got a 5.43 rating for RAW. Nitro for a 6.86. That's roughly accurate (RAW is 79.15% of Nitro in that case).

I advanced a couple days, and Thunder got a 5.36%. TBS's rating ceilings are relatively low compared to USA and TNT, but I don't really want to raise them a lot higher... At least Thunder and RAW are comparable (in the month of January, 1998, Thunder had a higher rating three out of the four weeks, while RAW beat them one week, so at least it's in the ballpark).

So yeah... just a heads up in case anyone was wondering why WWF was lowered.

I intend to release another update hopefully some time this weekend. We'll see how everything goes. I really want to look over all the data that Philahitman was awesome enough to upload.

It is playable and unless your a real hardcore fan or 'perfectionist' like me, I don't see why you can't enjoy it now.

Did you already master the sponsers and tv stations?(Like adding some networks like empire or sunshine or like MSG(ECW was on) I can do that if you like. I also think you could raise the production of TBS to match TNT(90 for both?)

It is playable and unless your a real hardcore fan or 'perfectionist' like me, I don't see why you can't enjoy it now.

Did you already master the sponsers and tv stations?(Like adding some networks like empire or sunshine or like MSG(ECW was on) I can do that if you like. I also think you could raise the production of TBS to match TNT(90 for both?)

At the time, TBS seemed a little lower budget between the two. TNT was more polished and trying to compete with broadcast networks by airing NFL and NBA (still do to some extent, I guess). TBS meanwhile had a lot of recycled comedy shows and such and some of their television wasn't as well-done.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I already did networks... Sponsors are still up in the air. I had a list I wanted to implement, but yeah, it's just finding time and getting around to it.

Gonna try to get some work done on this stuff tonight, just analyzing what I have and going from there, hopefully finishing off alter egos.

Would just like to give props for an awesome update. Looked through WWF and WCW and the stats seem spot on. With most mods I do alot of tweeking, but other than one or two things here and there, I cannot fault much anywhere here, fantastic stuff so far...