New X-Com Game

Herr Matzat

Finally started playing this. So fun! I am using EWB members as all my soldiers. So far:

Seargant JP "Hulk" Sousa is a Heavy

his best friend Corporal Kongo Kongman was support but he was recently KIA :(

Corporal Syco DMN is a Sniper

Corporal Hammy Yori (He is Japanese :P) is Assault

and I just activated 2 new rookies:

Oliver Williams

and

Joshua something. I forget his last name but there is only one Joshua I know from here so thats him :)

I eagerly await the debut of Gary 'Human Shield' Priest. :shifty:

:P If you happen to get Sniper you might make it. I love my Snipers. The only reason Ollie is in there already is because a random guy came up with that name and was from the UK. It was like destiny or something

Hammy Yori. Excellent.

(H)

Just played the demo and liked it, despite the usual dreary, dark graphics of such games. My huge love for the original could carry over to this one I think. I didn't invest much time in it though as I will get the full game when I can and can't see the point of throwing time into the demo.

Things have turned ugly for the EWB X-Com crew :( We were sent on bomb disposal. Josh disposed of the bomb like a champ, but in the process DMN was surrounded and critically wounded. Josh being the one with the medpack rushed in with Hammy Yori supporting him to save the fellow squad member. They both died in the process. But DMN lived on! So thats good right? Ollie has become a Sniper and is Sniping like a boss.

Ok our ranks were down with DMN and Sousa wounded and Hammy and Josh dead :( SO enter new recruits Gazz, LL, Summ, and Berober! We needed to capture an Alien alive so Summ volunteered to take the weapon needed to do so. During the battle LL was wounded so Berober went over to save him. In the process Summ made his move to capture the Alien...and was killed :( So here comes the craziest part Gazz screams out "NOOOO!" The word "Panicked" appears over his head and he flips out shooting LL and killing him! :o So I finally said fuck this capturing mess and killed all the Aliens.

Next battle I was back to full strength with new recruits Hbob Hobo and Ben Cuntface. Hobo was given the task of capturing the live Alien and he did it! :w00t: But I didn't learn from my last DMN mistake and put him up high again where he was promptly killed :(. Berober tried to run over to save him but was blindsided and Alien blasted to death too.

The EWB flag flies at half mast on this day :crying:

• Like 2

Things have turned ugly for the EWB X-Com crew :( We were sent on bomb disposal. Josh disposed of the bomb like a champ, but in the process DMN was surrounded and critically wounded. Josh being the one with the medpack rushed in with Hammy Yori supporting him to save the fellow squad member. They both died in the process. But DMN lived on! So thats good right? Ollie has become a Sniper and is Sniping like a boss.

Ok our ranks were down with DMN and Sousa wounded and Hammy and Josh dead :( SO enter new recruits Gazz, LL, Summ, and Berober! We needed to capture an Alien alive so Summ volunteered to take the weapon needed to do so. During the battle LL was wounded so Berober went over to save him. In the process Summ made his move to capture the Alien...and was killed :( So here comes the craziest part Gazz screams out "NOOOO!" The word "Panicked" appears over his head and he flips out shooting LL and killing him! :o So I finally said fuck this capturing mess and killed all the Aliens.

Next battle I was back to full strength with new recruits Hbob Hobo and Ben Cuntface. Hobo was given the task of capturing the live Alien and he did it! :w00t: But I didn't learn from my last DMN mistake and put him up high again where he was promptly killed :(. Berober tried to run over to save him but was blindsided and Alien blasted to death too.

I feel so left out. I thought we were friends?!

I feel so left out. I thought we were friends?!

I am trying to match people up logically. Like home country (Hobo) Or if their actual name comes up (Josh and Ollie) Not a single Canadian has volunteered yet. Or what Gazz said :P

• Like 1

I have a bit of a problem. I got the point where they want me to build a key to break into a base. Thing is I dont have enough engineers. So I found the building you buy to get more. Well I dont have enough Scientists to build that. It wont let me ignore this mission. Is there a work around here?

I have a bit of a problem. I got the point where they want me to build a key to break into a base. Thing is I dont have enough engineers. So I found the building you buy to get more. Well I dont have enough Scientists to build that. It wont let me ignore this mission. Is there a work around here?

Do missions until you get one that'll award you more scientists. I think you can build a Lab to get more too. If you have satellites in certain places, you'll get some when you next have a council meeting too.

Do missions until you get one that'll award you more scientists. I think you can build a Lab to get more too. If you have satellites in certain places, you'll get some when you next have a council meeting too.

But like it wont let me do missions. Everytime I go to use the scanner it says "Hey! Do this mission stupid!"

I want this pretty bad too, le sigh. The local EB was doing a thing where you can trade in Dishonored for the full price - the amount of days you had it.. I was going to finish it, and get this so I could buy/play Dishonored again later but I lost the receipt. D'oh! Oh well. Maybe next pay cheque.

Gazz versus LL

Same result as always, Gazz wins.

Srar needs to make this into a cube diary.

cannonfodder.jpg

Jools and Jops. May they live forever in our hearts.

Man, now I need to download Cannon Fodder again. That was a truly excellent game. I'd get really attached to my little spritey men.

But like it wont let me do missions. Everytime I go to use the scanner it says "Hey! Do this mission stupid!"

Ok so I just figured out what you meant. The game shall go on!!! Tomorrow :)