[EWR] January 1992 Scenario

I saw some of his matches in 1990 - he was really on top of the world.

In 1991, he wrestles like 10 TV matches and NJPW made him jobbed in every match. He was still lokking good and even have some decent matches against really bad wrestlers.

But like you can see on my Data, I have not yet watch mexican wrestling (as you can see in Speed Ladder, there is few wrestlers on top).

I put Jushin Liger Tech stat to 89 and Ultimo Dragon at 90 in Speed.

Also, just watch Bill1996 stats and I see Mason Ryan's brawl at 73...

So I did a major boost in Brawl for 70-90 range.

To conclude, I read on PWTorch newsletter that Ultimate Warrior was suspended just after Summerslam by the WWF for "at least 90 days". There is no informations if he was fired in December or if he stays at home for reappear at Wrestlemania...

My question is : should Warrior be under contract or not?

Edited by conker8

• 2 weeks later...
To conclude, I read on PWTorch newsletter that Ultimate Warrior was suspended just after Summerslam by the WWF for "at least 90 days". There is no informations if he was fired in December or if he stays at home for reappear at Wrestlemania...

My question is : should Warrior be under contract or not?

From the 12/21/91 Observer...

WARRIOR

I was wondering if you could let us know what happened to the Ultimate Warrior? I haven't seen him since Summer

Slam. I've also noticed he's not in the opening intro to the weekly television shows. Where is he and what happened to

him?

David Shallah

Merrimack, New Hampshire

DM: For new subscribers, Warrior was basically fired (officially suspended) after Summer Slam for "unprofessional

conduct." Translation, he demanded the same money as Hulk Hogan for Summer Slam or he refused to appear (which

he apparently received because McMahon didn't want to have to change all the advertising or have a no-show in a PPV

main event) and demanded a reported $1 million guaranteed contract (which he didn't receive) to work only weekends.

With the possible exception of Hogan, no WWF wrestler has a guaranteed money contract and acquiescing to the

weekends-only schedule would turn into a major problem down-the-line as far as setting a precedent. Since Vince

McMahon didn't want to set a precedent which would have seen future attempts by the next level of stars to get similar

deals, he fired Warrior in the dressing room immediately after his Summer Slam match. Warrior was living in Phoenix

after he was fired, but I believe he's since moved and aside from a few WCW rumors (which I believe have been blown

way out of proportion), there has been little talk regarding what has happened or will happen regarding him.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks C-MIL !!

DATA: http://www.mediafire...n11nq1n3o0lslit

637 wrestlers, 9 promotions, 278 staff members, 397 relationships and 116 tag teams

EDIT : With this last update, you should have a nice experience of playing with WWF and WCW. I did a major boost to look like Bill1996's Stats... If there is any complain about a wrestler stats in both major companies, you can post here!

Also, I still have a short knowledge about mexican wrestling in this period so any kind of help is good to me.

Edited by conker8

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surely in Jan '92, Shawn Michaels didn't already have 82 Tech, 81 speed, 85 charisma, & 81 over?

In 92, he had already had his "Barber Shop" moment, and was wrestling Bret for the world title. This was not in January, so maybe his overness is a little high, but nothing too crazy there.

Surely in Jan '92, Shawn Michaels didn't already have 82 Tech, 81 speed, 85 charisma, & 81 over?

In 92, he had already had his "Barber Shop" moment, and was wrestling Bret for the world title. This was not in January, so maybe his overness is a little high, but nothing too crazy there.

I think HBK's over as 81 during that time is O.K.

He had just started the "BoyToy" gimmick and just one month before, had the Barber Shop incident which really got him noticed. He definitely wasn't a midcarder anymore, nor a main eventer then, so upper midcarder is the perfect fit IMO.

The Rockers were a popular tag team at the time - after the Roadwarriors and the Steiners, they were the most cheered.

Look at the other tag teams:

LOD : 90

Steiners : 88

Enforcers : 85

Rockers : 81

Nasty Boyz : 79

Natural Disasters : 77

Freebirds: 76

Also, Shawn was already a top wrestler back in January 1992 - you should watch his match against Ric Flair or against the Orient Express in RR 91.

He is currently rated at 84 in Speed BTW.

I can understand that Tech is a bit high.

And yeah, Charisma at 85 - the Barber Shop segment was done in December 91 (on TV in January). At the end of the year, Shawn's charisma should be at 88.

P.D. : In the next update, there will be no more wrestlers with 0's everywhere.

Edited by conker8

• 2 months later...

Still working on the Data.

Made a lot of work in Stats.

First, a look at Brawl :

Bold = Raise/New

Italic = Decrease

90: Cactus Jack

89: Stan Hansen

88: Terry Funk

87: Terry Gordy

86: Bam Bam Bigelow, Steve Williams

85: Jumbo Tsuruta, Big Van Vader, Bull Nakano

84: Kenta Kobashi, Abdullah the Butcher, Atsushi Onita

83: Eddie Gilbert, Sabu, Mitsuharu Misawa

82: Shinya Hashimoto, Akira Maeda, Barry Windham, Ric Flair, Aja Kong

81: Rick Rude, Tatsumi Fujinami, Masakatsu Funaki, Dave Finlay, Jake Roberts, Arn Anderson, Randy Savage

80: Minoru Suzuki, Scott Steiner, The Great Muta, Bret Hart, Ted DiBiase, Buzz Sawyer

79: Hiroshi Hase, Naoki Sano, Mr. Perfect, Ricky Steamboat, Kensuke Sasaki, Rick Steiner, Jerry Lawler

78: Roddy Piper, Nobuhiko Takada, Larry Zbyszko, Sting, Dick Murdoch, Riki Choshu

77: Hawk, Dan Spivey, Bill Dundee, Masa Saito, Leatherface, Genichiro Tenryu, Moondog Spot

76: Hulk Hogan, Lex Luger, Masahiro Chono, The Gladiator (Mike Awesome), Steve Austin, The Big Bossman, Dan Kroffat, Toshihaki Kawada, The Great Kabuki, The Sheik, Paul Orndorff, Terrence Taylor

75: Irwin R. Schyster, The Mountie, Jeff Jarrett, Tiger Jeet Singh

74: Animal, Greg Valentine, Bob Backlund, Tom Prichard, Ron Simmons, Bobby Eaton, Rick Martel, Doug Furnas, Akira Taue

73: Akira Hokuto, Don Muraco, Dick Slater, El Matador, Steve Regal, Dustin Rhodes, Samu, Undertaker, Tully Blanchard

72: British Bulldog, Shane Douglas, Brian Knobbs, Butch Reed, Nikita Koloff, Jimmy Garvin, Manny Fernandez, El Dandy, Moondog Spike, Stan Lane

71: Sid Justice, Shawn Michaels, Repo Man, Johnny Ace, Earthquake, Kevin Sullivan, Dynamite Kid, Kokina Maximus, Masanobu Fuchi

70: Marty Jannetty, Diamond Studd, Super Strong Machine, Bill Eadie, Johnny Smith, Mike Sharpe, Jim Powers, Austin Idol, Haku

69: Sgt Slaughter, King Kong Bundy, Thomas Rich, Chris Adams, Al Madril, Dennis Condrey, The Grappler, Scott Norton, Ron Bass

68: The Berzerker, Texas Tornado, Paul Roma, Jerry Sags, Billy Jack Haynes, The Tazmaniac, Ron Garvin, Bob Orton, Jerry Estrada, Jim Neidhart, Wahoo McDaniel, Ashura Hara, Headhunter B

67: Antonio Inoki, Jimmy Backlund, Chris Benoit, The Dark Patriot, Demolition Crush, T.N.T, The Samoan Savage, One Man Gang, Headhunter A

66: Dino Bravo, Big Josh, The Barbarian, Jim Duggan, Ivan Koloff, Joe Malenko, Dutch Mantell, Dory Funk Jr., Fatu, The Sandman, The Italian Stallion, Al Perez

65: Honky Tonk Man, Dusty Rhodes, Owen Hart, Skinner, Chris Chavis, Brian Lee, Z-Man, Jerry Blackwell, George South, Steve Blackman, Michael Hayes

64: Ultimate Warrior, Hercules, Barry Horowitz, Hector Guerrero, Fire Cat, Beau Beverly, Angus King, Wayne Shamrock, Chavo Guerrero, Harley Race, Bobby Fulton, Young Pistol Steve

63: Typhoon, Blake Beverly, Robert Gibson, Arachnaman, Negro Casas, Louie Spicolli, Black Bart, Virgil, Buddy Landel, Jesse Barr, Gran Hamada, Derrick Dukes, Stevie Ray, Vampiro, Randy Rose

62: Sam Houston, Jimmy Snuka, Pez Whatley, Brutus Beefcake, Tommy Rogers, Don Kernodle, Johnny Rotten, Akio Sato, Al Snow, Alfonso Dantes, Young Pistol Tracey, Kendo Nagasaki

61: Luke, Flyin' Brian, Oz, Chris Walker, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi, Mr Hughes, Mil Mascaras, Eric Embry, Miguel Pérez, Jr., Mark Starr

60: Jim Brunzell, The Warlord, Bob Bradley, Kato, Butch, Rip Rogers, Dirty White Boy, Flyin' Scorpio, Biff wellington, El Canek

59: The Brooklyn Brawler, Colonel Mustafa, Bob Holly, Bull Pain, The Patriot, Nick Bockwinkel, Tony Atlas

58: Richard Morton, Bad News Brown, Marcus Bagwell, Dean Malenko, Lighting Kid, Barry Hardy, Jackie Fulton

57: B. Brian Blair, Pat Tanaka, Sir Charles, Koko B. Ware, Scott Anthony, AJ Petrucci, Steven Dane, Buddy Rose

56: Reno Riggins, Mike Graham, Nikolai Volkoff, Jerry Lynn, Makhan Singh, Ken Patera, Boris Zhukov

55: Tom Bennett, Johnny B. Badd, Don Callis

54: DDP, Big John Studd, Joey Maggs, The Spirit of America, Jimmy Valiant, Kendall Windham, Al Green, J.W. Storm

53: Sgt Buddy Lee Parker, The Genius, Van Hammer, Steve Ray, Ranger Ross

52: Kamala, PN News, Brett Sawyer, Todd Champion, Firebreaker Chip

51: Dublin Destroyer, Brian Donahue, Jushin Liger, Lt. James Earl Wright, The Mongolian Stomper, Randy Rhodes, Angel of Death, Rip Morgan, Steve DiSalvo

50: Tim Horner, General Adnan, Ricky Santana

49: Pat Rose, Bill Kazmaier

48: Bruno Sammartino, Junkyard Dog, Lance Storm, The Duke of Dorchester, Tom Stone, Jack Victory

47: André the Giant, George Steele, Brian Costello, Chris Jericho

46: Ray Odyssey, Tom Stone, Dale Wolfe, Chaz Taylor, Tim Patterson

45: El Gigante, Killer Kyle, Bob Roop, Sensational Sherri

44: Mario Mancini, Jean Paul Levesque, Sonny Blaze, Rockin' Robin

43: Blackheart Apocalypse, Alex Porteau, Rocky King

42: Vladimir Koloff, Joe Cazana, Adam Copeland, Red Tyler

41: Bart Sawyer, Art Barr

40:

39: Duane Gill

38: Masao Orihara

37: Atlantis

36:

35:

34:

33: Ricky Fuji

32: Brian Christopher

31:

30:

29:

28: Tiger Mask, Gary Hart

That the changes I did in six months - some seems weird to me -

I'm not sure on the followings changes:

Ric Flair : 83 to 82 - I may raise him to 84. Tech stay at 82. In 1991/2, his series of matches against Piper, Hogan and Savage were really good. Great performance against young Michaels in December 91 and Mr. Perfect in late 92/93. Only his matches against Bret Hart were average...

Rick Rude/Arn Anderson : 82 to 81 - Don't know why I decrease Arn's value. Rick Rude is hard to rate - he is really irregular but against the right opponent, he is marvellous (Sting, Steamboat).

Larry Zbyszko : 79 to 78 - even at the end of his career, he wrestled great match in tag bouts.

Also, not sure if the youngs Minoru Suzuki and Dave Finlay deserves 80 yet.

Hulk Hogan's boost can feel odd but his late matches in Japan (with Muta and Hansen) really impresses me. His work in the US was fine. He didn't wrestle a lot in 1992 (last match is at WM).

Also, not sure if the youngs Minoru Suzuki and Dave Finlay deserves 80 yet.

Finlay really does. He was a top performer from very early on; he started training to wrestle pretty much as soon as he could walk, and was wrestling regularly from the age of about 15. If you watch his old World Of Sport matches, they still hold up well today, and that's going back a good ten years from when this scenario is set. By 1992, he was one of the best wrestlers on the European circuit.

Thanks you - I will watch some of his matches on Youtube. Do you know how else was good in the European circuit at this time?

I'm still interesting to some infos for mexican wrestling.

Currently working on Relationship - I watch a lot of shoot interviews but I would like to hear your opinions of the following ones :

Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage - friendship or dislike ? On Savage's interview (2003), he seems to dislike Hogan. On the other hand, Hogan always praise Savage's talent and refered him as a friend.

Jake Roberts/Honky Tonk Man - Roberts seems to dislike him for the guitar's shot in 1987 (in a WWE DVD he says that put him on rehab) but on the shoot interviews of HTM, he says that he is friend.

Michael Hayes-Jimmy Garvin/DDP - I heard that the Freebirds bullied DDP at this time - but on the Wrestling Roundtable, DDP called them his friends and he was saying that they help to his career.

Now, I remember why I rated Suzuki so high - on Pancrase (1993), he was very impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I watch an old interview of Savage (2003 I think) where he said they were never friends - just business partners...

Currently, I have 783 wrestlers. I will release an update soon.

Add UWA and CMLL but no info in Staff members. Small rosters. I really need help for the mexicans (Lucha Libre is not a style I love so IMO I underrated the wrestlers).

• 4 weeks later...

I have 802 wrestlers.

I need 3 writers, 3 road agents and 4 medics before I release an another update!

Do you have Bill watts and James J. Dillon as agents or writers i know around 1992 watts was doing work as a writer or some time of big roll with WCW as a president or there head writer also do u have ole anders and james j dillion not sure if he was with wwe at that time but he was in some type of back stage roll with one of them i would make Jimmy hart as a producer in we as he helped write some of the superstars songs as well do the instruments and lyrics for them just name him james Hart

Edited by PAC69

• 1 month later...

PAC69 : All your suggestions were already in previous save :)

As for the work goes, I don't add any wrestlers since the last month (N)

I'm still working on the stats - a lot of obscures guys from CageMatch/OWW added and I needs to find matches of them...

Finally, in the last Wrestling Challenge of 1991, there is the first Tatanka promo - so Chris Chavis is renamed Tatanka (and added the gimmick Native American) (Edit: After that promo, Vince called him Chavis so I guess I put back what I said)

As for Papa Shango's gimmick, it starts after the Rumble - so he is still called Sir Charles (Heel alignment, Supernatural) ...

Edited by conker8