Sign in to follow this  
TKz

General Gaming Thread

TKz    6,481

Yeah, I thought I'd start this for the sake of it. It might work, might not, no harm if it doesn't. Just a general thread for talking about games if there isn't one somewhere else.

Basically, I'm playing Mass Effect right now for the first time (the first one, I've beaten the second!) and fuck, it's hard to navigate the Citadel. I just picked up Garrus but man, the map is kind of shitty. Enjoying it so far, the combat works pretty well on PC.

SRN    2,024

I've always enjoyed Mass Effect tons more on PC than I ever did on console, even though I played the shit out of when I had my Xbox. It just seems a lot easier to navigate with a mouse and keyboard than a controller; then again, for me, that goes for all action-based games and shooters. :shifty: But yeah, the first Mass Effect has always been my favorite even though it has that horrible inventory that fills up in seconds and the Mako. The fucking jumpiest bus of death ever created.

Quom    4,460

Opposite. Easy compared to GTA IV.

TKz    6,481

It's pretty different from GTA, in that it's fun and has an interesting story.

• Like 2

Benji    37,827

Is the Steam server EVER available any more? It's down more often than PSN <_<

Colly    11,353

Asking a silly question that's more a tv question than a game one, but I'm just getting into LA Noire on ps3, and I'm having issues where black areas are showing as deep blue on my tv. What should I adjust to sort this, or is my tv just rubbish?

Benji    37,827

Biohazzard 6 goes... viral? :shifty:

(That's Resident Evil 6, folks). Not even close to confirmed, but considering who's behind it, there's a chance. I think it's more likely for the film though.

I saw that video of the woman earlier and right at the end there's a little symbol so I was like 'Hmmm, what is that? Almost looks like a little biohazard symbol...oh!'

Ollie    6,482

I need new games to play on a budget. What's good for under a tenner these days?

Apsham    8,254

Oh, if anyone wants opinions on Live Arcade/PSN games that are cross platform - just ask me as I pretty much own everything. :shifty:

thatshortguy    2,983

Biohazzard 6 goes... viral? :shifty:

(That's Resident Evil 6, folks). Not even close to confirmed, but considering who's behind it, there's a chance. I think it's more likely for the film though.

I hate being such a sucker for this kind of marketing, especially since nothing of note will come of it beyond "Hey, sweet, there's an element of horror in RE/BH again!"

Unrelated: good gawd does GT5 have its hooks in deep. Was up until 3a last night earning coin to pick up more cars. Getting the Driving Force Pro GT wheel for X-mas didn't help things, either. 20% of the way to the 1,000 cars trophy! :shifty:

Ruki    3,334

Does anyone want a 50% off of Gothica 4 coupon? I won't use it...might as well give it to someone who will.

Ruki    3,334

I've been getting an itch to play TF2 again....anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow? Midget? TEOL? GoGo? TKz?

Ellis, is your computer still screwy and can't play?

I'd have to install it again and I don't know if I can be bothered downloading it's several GB's just to play it once and never again, as is EWB tradition.

Yeah, 10.6gb to download. <_<

thatshortguy    2,983

I've been getting an itch to play TF2 again....anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow? Midget?

Headed out of town after work tomorrow, but I'll zip you a message should the opportunity arise tonight.

Speaking of things - Terraria?

I got annoyed with our glitchy server.

KevinStorm    593

I've been getting an itch to play TF2 again....anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow? Midget? TEOL? GoGo? TKz?

If it's after 8:30 EST or so, I'll play. I've never played it before though.

TKz    6,481

I'm totally down for that Saturday night! :)

TKz    6,481

Fuck, The Witcher 2 is so good. Like, this story is so interesting in the like hour I've played so far. It's what DA2 should have been.

Doesn't hurt that I can now run it at highest settings possible with no lag. So beautiful.