General Gaming Thread

TKz

That Bioware one is whiny, but the rest are spot-on. The JRPG one actually reminds me of a minor WoW story involving my hunter:

Recently procured an enchantment for my gun by the name of Flintlocke's Woodchucker. It allows you to randomly shoot small critters from your gun, who then go on to attack the target as you're still shooting. Now I don't know if you're thinking what I thought, but it is downright outstanding.

Fuck Civ 5 :shifty:

I somehow just lost 5 hours of my day to that game. But, the good news: I finally wiped out the Chinese empire, have discovered satellites, so I know what the entire map looks like, AND I have access to tanks and other fun stuff that no one else has. Basically...slowly eliminate people one by one. Starting with India.

Fuck Civ 5 :shifty:

I somehow just lost 5 hours of my day to that game. But, the good news: I finally wiped out the Chinese empire, have discovered satellites, so I know what the entire map looks like, AND I have access to tanks and other fun stuff that no one else has. Basically...slowly eliminate people one by one. Starting with India.

Only 5? King among men for willpower Ruki.

But yes . Always india. ALWAYS India.

How is Dragon Age? Worth a play or not?

Origins for sure. The expansion pack if you liked Origins and 2 only if you really liked the first two things.

Also my own question. Any thoughts on Prototype 2? I think it looks kinda cool but Christopher doesn't and we usually have to both be a bit into it to get it. Even though it looks cool I'm not sure I'm willing to use one of my exceptions to get it.

How is Dragon Age? Worth a play or not?

Origins for sure. The expansion pack if you liked Origins and 2 only if you really liked the first two things.

Also my own question. Any thoughts on Prototype 2? I think it looks kinda cool but Christopher doesn't and we usually have to both be a bit into it to get it. Even though it looks cool I'm not sure I'm willing to use one of my exceptions to get it.

The first Prototype was boring as fuck. Apparently they've fixed that in 2, but I dunno, I've not been convinced yet. If it's anything like the first, it definitely looks more interesting than it actually is.

See I dont know I never played or was interested in the first one but it was on X play tonight and they made it look cool as hell. But that could be misleading like you said because of course they are going to make it look cool as hell when one of the designers is on their show.

Kind of a good example. This is pretty much the entire game. You run around, use powers to kill things in gruesome ways (which would be kind of cool, but gets old very fast) and there's not really much else to it. You go from point A to point B, maybe slaughtering inbetween, kill a bunch of people in a certain area and that mission is over. It's a game that would've worked well as like, a portion of a Spider-Man game where you play as Venom (which is essentially what this game is, Venom The Game. Which you'd think would be kind of hard to make boring... but it is), but as an entire game, it's very easy to get bored with. If you're the sort of person that played GTA so you could run around and kill stuff, with little interest in story, you'll probably enjoy it. But otherwise, the story is pretty much non-existent and the gameplay isn't fun enough to make up for that, so I'd say it's definitely a miss.

tl;dr version: I'd wait until the reviews or at least a demo comes out, but unless they say it's gotten a lot more fun... I wouldn't bother.

Prototype was fun to run around and smash stuff, but even then after a few hours of doing that it got boring. Storyline never really captured my interest either.