General Gaming Thread

TKz

Arkham Knight was very very flawed gameplay wise, but was excellent story wise, other than the shitty handling of Deathstroke it was the best story of the lot.

Origins was the best for gameplay, though City was very close to that.

Overall, though, I'd go City > Knight > Origins > Asylum.

EDIT, also while I'm here:

060625.jpg

Edited by OctoberRavenO

6 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

How would you rate the game compared to the others? It was my least favourite, and I know a lot of other people agree, although I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad.

Gameplay was my favorite. I loved the Batmobile tank sections and chasing down the other vehicles between fights.

The only thing that bothered me was in some races you had to drive on the wall and sometimes it seemed like no matter how fast you did it you'd fall.

I just thought that gliding was a perfectly fine way to get around the city, and so the developers had to crowbar the vehicle sections in for their own sake. Fighting the unmanned drones was fairly fun the first couple of times (although you'd have thought that having human drivers would have been a better strategy for a villain who claimed to know all Batman's weaknesses), but I got bored of it quickly. The Riddler races always struck me more as trial-and-error crash courses than anything else, and they were usually more frustrating than fun for me. Then you've got the vehicular puzzle sections, which I didn't enjoy at all.

I never had issues with the riddler courses, as contrived as they were as a concept. I think the most i've ever had to retry a race was two or three times, using a gamepad. The patterns were pretty obvious, and if you started the race properly it was all synchronized to allow you to run through it at full speed with no strategy other than the odd 'you must take the left path in lap 2!' stuff.

Collecting all the trophies to finish the game though, that was a chore and a half, and one that was as unmemorable as you might imagine. 

Also I didn't like the fight with Deathstroke. He was tacked on in one of those panzer thingies because they had no clue what to do with the character yet felt compelled to add him 'because he's deathstroke!', and his boss fight was dissapointing, especially after the amazing fight you had with him in origins.

Edited by Jasonmufc

The only time I enjoyed a Batmobile setpiece was that time in the early game where you had to winch yourself up onto a rooftop.

That and the unintentional comedy of the 'nonlethal' weaponry that, yeah, all that shit will kill you dead.

13 hours ago, Fly Eagles Fly said:

I get a weird joy in seeing just how seriously some in the sim racing community take their games of choice.

There needs to be a good Stock Car sim. I really want to play one. Like Nascar stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forever Forky said:

There needs to be a good Stock Car sim. I really want to play one. Like Nascar stuff.

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, if we could get something like Motorsport Manager but with a NASCAR mod or a NASCAR game, I'd be stoked.

I know it isn't stock car racing in the traditional sense. Motorsport Manager does have a GT-Racing DLC that adds sportscar racing with two new respective racing divisions. And it has an endurance series DLC that adds prototype style endurance racing to the game in another two divisions. They also run concurrently during your saves, so you can jump from Open Wheel to Endurance to GT racing every season if you felt like it.

There's also a mod on the workshop (Ace Mod 2017) that adds a whole slew of American racing leagues. IndyCar/Indy Lights/Pro Mazda/NASCAR Cup/NASCAR XFinity/IMSA GT Le Mans/IMSA GT Daytona.

This mod does still run on the existing tracks, so other than the one oval (iirc) they are all fancy foreign races, but it does add the flavour you're looking for. Also for the NASCAR part of the mod you'll need the GT DLC, and the IMSA stuff needs the endurance DLC.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Benji said:

Forgot how fun UFC 09 was. For the life of me though I still can't master escaping being mounted without a stupidly hard struggle (see you in the OOC thread).

I now seem to have mastered this, but my CAF attributes for transitions aren't great so it's easy in exhibition but harder in career. Still struggling a bit with the training camps as the tutorial sucks for some of the stuff, and the tasks don't actually give much instruction for the grappling (the striking ones are a cinch).

I'd contemplate getting the latest UFC game off of how much I am enjoying this, but then I read it has micro-transactions and I can't be arsed with that crap for a game I'm not going to be that strongly into.

I have two of the UFC PS3 games, the one with Brock on it and the one after. They really are fun. I got to the point I managed to have one undefeated fighter. I reran the career mode so many times.