General Gaming Thread

TKz

Interesting. With IO putting its time into the new Hitman 2, and quite a few of the aspects of its predecessors being put in, it's a little surprising that they're also bringing back these ones. It's also interesting that they're combining Blood Money, considered to be the best of the old Hitman games, and Absolution, which is seen as the "odd one out" of the series in terms of its gameplay style.

In other news, it looks as though Catherine will be coming to PC soon. I have no intention of playing through the game again because it's bloody frustrating, but it's something I'd recommend for one run-through.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

In other news, it looks as though Catherine will be coming to PC soon. I have no intention of playing through the game again because it's bloody frustrating, but it's something I'd recommend for one run-through.

:w00t: I'm sold.

If you want to see all the endings you will need to do several playthroughs, however. The quickest way would be to do a run at a certain alignment level, then from that point follow a guide to get all the endings for that alignment. There's three alignments, one has two endings and the others three.

Also, don't jump into Hard mode. Hell, unless you're hardcore into puzzles I wouldn't even start in Medium. Good news is one of the NPCs in the game will show you techniques, the Inazuma technique is absolutely crucial to late game success.

Blood Money was my favourite Hitman by far and I've been waiting on playing the new ones for a while so that's awesome. Is there a price for it yet?

5 hours ago, apsham said:

I was going to say good thing on that Hitman collection - but full price? Fuck you. Do Contracts and II as well or don't bother if you're going full price.

Yeah, seriously. I'd rather see the older ones remastered than Absolution. Absolution's the only Hitman game I've completed but it hasn't been out for long enough to really warrant an HD remaster in my eyes. I suppose it's good for those that want it on PS4/Xbox One, but still. Full price for it is nonsense. The Crash Bandicoot and Spyro remasters weren't really full price (IIRC?) on release and they both included more games, probably a fair bit more work, and there was much more a demand for them as well.

6 hours ago, apsham said:

I was going to say good thing on that Hitman collection - but full price? Fuck you. Do Contracts and II as well or don't bother if you're going full price.

To take their side a little, this will technically be the first time they release both games: Square was getting a big chunk of the profit last time.

I think they should include Contracts as well because it would be a better value, and because Contracts essentially retells Agent 47 so you never need to try and play it. But I paid $60 for Blood Money and if I had a PS4 I'd probably do it again.

Didn't they originally do a HD collection on 360/PS3 for the original Hitman games? That's probably why they aren't rereleasing them. 

40 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Didn't they originally do a HD collection on 360/PS3 for the original Hitman games? That's probably why they aren't rereleasing them. 

They did. Blood Money was in that collection too, though, so I can see why people would want Contracts as well.

Anyone still have games sitting unopened on their shelves that they didn't just get recently? I mean I have Spiderman still unopened but I just got that over Christmas and I want to finish Red Dead first. The worst one is that I still have Shadows Of Mordor 2 still in plastic on the shelf and I got that about a month after it came out.

I got Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction about eight years ago for £2.99 on a misprice and still haven't opened it. I hadn't played the old Ratchet games and was going to play through all of them first, but I only ended up finishing the first one. Maybe I'll get to it one day.

I've got a hell of a lot of PS4 games that I traded other games out for that I just haven't touched. Infamous Second Son, Uncharted Collection, Heavy Rain & Beyond Two Souls... it's kinda terrible, but I also didn't really spend any money on any of them directly so I don't feel too bad about it. There's also Agents of Mayhem, Last Of Us, Wipeout and Destiny which I did pay real money for and haven't touched at all. Oops.

So playing Deus Ex Invisible War.

Why do people not realize that Tracer Tong is manipulating the Dentons just like everyone else?

Finished Invisible War. Is it weird that I actually liked this better than the original DE? The gameplay was way too simplistic but the story was much better as the actual pros and cons of each organization were well fleshed out instead of the "UNATCO is evil because The Rockefellers were evil, and we're not going to actually explain what was so bad about them we're just going to keep mentioning how they bankrolled the UN" bullshit of the original.

I eventually sided with the Dentons because they were least worst option which is saying a lot because Tracer Tong is someone who I never trusted for a second.

I also probably made an unorthodox choice in that I ended up going against the Illuminati (I was pro WTO for a bit, though), but tried to keep the Illuminati's existence close to my chest even as I decided to stick with JC's plan. It was in in-character choice, as it would have made sense to keep the Illuminati thinking I was on their side as long as possible.

Also the hacking biomods were so absurdly OP it wasnt even funny.