General Gaming Thread

TKz

For the first time in my entire life I forced myself to watch the whole thing. I don't know why but the whole thing is like 6 minutes of dragging your nails down a blackboard. It seriously puts me on edge, like for the next ten minutes if someone said anything questionable I would snap at them.

I can't work out why it effects me this way. I think it's like I said earlier, it could so easily be resolved if it was explained another way. But I don't find it anything but grab something by the shoulders and shake it kind of annoying.

I will stop rabbitting on about it now.

Yeah, it's more so live reaction and discussion based off the big shows rather than posting of individual news, from what I can remember.

For the first time in my entire life I forced myself to watch the whole thing. I don't know why but the whole thing is like 6 minutes of dragging your nails down a blackboard. It seriously puts me on edge, like for the next ten minutes if someone said anything questionable I would snap at them.

I can't work out why it effects me this way. I think it's like I said earlier, it could so easily be resolved if it was explained another way. But I don't find it anything but grab something by the shoulders and shake it kind of annoying.

I will stop rabbitting on about it now.

To be fair, the one that is linked in this thread isn't the best rendition I've heard. There's one knocking around they did for a radio program that's far tighter and not quite as laboured. I'd imagine you'd still hate it though >_>

As far as I'm aware, no. Which is a shame. I loved the X-Men Legends games and the first M:UA game, they were simple, brilliant fun.

I don't think they have the licence anymore. They had content on the marketplace for MUA 1 & 2 that came which was apparently down to the licence expiring, I figure that'd extend to making full games too.

Shame, if only because they could have at least re-released them for the movie, if only because it'd help drive down the price of them. Inexplicably high priced bastards.

Anyone plan on getting Sleeping Dogs (aka True Crime: Hong Kong). It looks better than the True Crime games, and I had quite a lot of fun on them.

From Wikipedia:

"Reviewers who had access to the game in February 2012 compared the games elements to several other critically acclaimed games. Reviewers praised the free running aspect of the game, similar to the Assassin's Creed series, the melee combat systems, similar to Batman: Arkham City, the slow-motion while shooting, similar to the Max Payne series, the vehicular combat, similar to Just Cause 2, the mission structure, similar to the Grand Theft Auto series, and also the depth of the storyline."

If this is true then I'll probably get it.[url=

Holy cowballs, I hate WoW's PvP so much. I cannot see why people would be into a mode where everyone's VIRTUALLY YELLING AT YOU FOR NOT HAVING A YEAR'S WORTH OF GEAR AND DOING THIS BATTLEGROUND SIXTY TIMES ALREADY!

It's akin to being around someone who's never satisfied or content with anything. "Hey, I captured the flag!" "YOU RAN STRAIGHT AHEAD, RUN TO THE LEFT!" "Hey, I built this log cabin with my own hands!" "WHY DIDN'T YOU BUILD AN ATTIC!?" "Amazing! I've found the cure for AIDS!" "YOU DIDN'T CURE CANCER, YOU CUR!"

PVP in most MMOs is generally shit and annoying, largely because of the playerbase. Even in the trial of TOR I had I ran into a lot of people that would pull the same shit, probably ex-WoW players. When I first started playing MMOs that sort of thing bothered me, but I learned pretty quickly to just ignore those assholes.