General Gaming Thread

TKz

Only driving games I loved was the Burnout series. That being said I hated Paradise because the free roam aspect killed it for me. I know 99% of people loved that but I just didn't take to it.

Only driving games I loved was the Burnout series. That being said I hated Paradise because the free roam aspect killed it for me. I know 99% of people loved that but I just didn't take to it.

Yeah, I felt the same. The freeroam took away what I liked about the game, it became way too easy to get lost. I don't care about driving well, I care about the explosions. I'm not playing a burnout game for a realistic driving experience, I just want to watch stuff go boom.

Fucking Guillermo del Toro and Hideo "Motherfucking" Kojima are apparently making a new Silent Hill game. Starring Norman Reedus.

I don't even know. Should I masturbate to it now, or wait until it comes out? I don't even like horror games but it's Guillermo del Toro and HIDEO "THE GOD DAMN" KOJIMA. I never knew I wanted this to be a team until today.

Fucking Guillermo del Toro and Hideo "Motherfucking" Kojima are apparently making a new Silent Hill game. Starring Norman Reedus.

I don't even know. Should I masturbate to it now, or wait until it comes out? I don't even like horror games but it's Guillermo del Toro and HIDEO "THE GOD DAMN" KOJIMA. I never knew I wanted this to be a team until today.

Damnit, TKz. I didn't know you had posted this before I posted the topic. It seemed big enough to warrant its own thread. Sorry, buddy. :(

Can you not just sign up the month it comes out? Or does it only count if you buy the game digitally AND have the sub?

In other "Oh man, really?" news, CoD: Advanced Warfare lets you play a day early if you pre-order a certain edition. I thought that was pretty silly, until I realized I couldn't actually find a version that doesn't let you play a day early. Curious how that works - will they just send it out earlier, or do you get a code for early access or something?

Sorry, Srar, EA Access just does not offer the kind of value for money that Sony customers have come to expect.

Why not consider paying $3 for 4 hours of playtime on the DEMON the DEMON Kane and Lynch 2 instead?

And the precursor, Season Ticket, let you play the games X days early without any obligation to buy them digitally or anything and you could carry on your progress to the full game. Only thing was you didn't get your achievements/trophies till you put the full game on for the first time. I assume this will work the same.

The way I always heard it was that Infinity War was against the whole thing so I guess it's kind of a hold over from there, you still had Treyarch putting them in for zombies and I guess that remains the same. Haven't seen the lists for the non Treyarch games post IW but I guess from what you're saying that things haven't really changed.

But one theory in regards to multi achievements was sticking the rather grindy ones in to keep your multiplayer populated and I guess since CoD games have been played by every man, woman, child and animal in the known universe, they don't really need that gimmick to draw people in.

Just seems like a natural fit, the whole game is built around doing things like Prestiege, seems custom built for mutliplayer achievements. And it's the only game where nearly everyone only plays the multiplayer, so it actually makes sense for there to be achievements for it - rather than the usual "we need to make sure people actually bother with the multi."