General Gaming Thread

TKz

I am super, super skeptical about Hardline especially since it really feels like it could've just been an expansion pack instead of a full priced game. I am hella excited for The Siege though, even though I feel like it's going to be a very niche game that might not do so well because of that.

On another note, something inside of me really and I mean really wants to still pick up and play The Crew despite all the bad reviews, since I have three people at work who are just absolutely raving about how much fun they have playing it.

I'm paying less attention to reviews now anyways and some of the gripes that I've read about are kind of dumb... but maybe I'll wait for a sale.

I am super, super skeptical about Hardline especially since it really feels like it could've just been an expansion pack instead of a full priced game. I am hella excited for The Siege though, even though I feel like it's going to be a very niche game that might not do so well because of that.

On another note, something inside of me really and I mean really wants to still pick up and play The Crew despite all the bad reviews, since I have three people at work who are just absolutely raving about how much fun they have playing it.

I'm paying less attention to reviews now anyways and some of the gripes that I've read about are kind of dumb... but maybe I'll wait for a sale.

I dunno, there's something great about the idea of a cop game. An actual action orientated cop game. I've been watching loads of NCIS: LA, so I'm digging the premise right now.

Siege is gonna be great, man. I love that there's no respawns. Search & Destroy is my favourite COD mode, so for a whole game to be focusing on that idea is fantastic for me. Tactics, teamwork, co-operation.. finally will be necessary in an online shooter. It looks like they're taking a lot from what made the old Rainbow Six games brilliant.

I dunno, there's something great about the idea of a cop game. An actual action orientated cop game. I've been watching loads of NCIS: LA, so I'm digging the premise right now.

Siege is gonna be great, man. I love that there's no respawns. Search & Destroy is my favourite COD mode, so for a whole game to be focusing on that idea is fantastic for me. Tactics, teamwork, co-operation.. finally will be necessary in an online shooter. It looks like they're taking a lot from what made the old Rainbow Six games brilliant.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Hardline ends up being awesome and the single player is something that I am mildly more interested in... but after seeing all the trailers of these epic heists where guys grab and go, get into cars and speed off only to end up playing the BETA and getting into a match that is essentially just two teams fighting over a single point in a huge, confusing clusterfuck... I kind of put the hopes down a bit lower. I'm excited for doing stuff like being a passenger in a car, breaking the glass and trying to take out the people chasing me... but that really feels like a 'few and far between' moment that looks better in a trailer than something that'll actually play out.

Siege is indeed going to be awesome with the whole 'choose entrance point/where hostages start out' dynamic and if the whole game is anything like the example level that they were showing at the recent trade shows, I'm going to love it for sure. It just feels a lot better to play a shooter for me if it feels like what I do has weight instead of 'oh well, I died - time to respawn again and run in with my head down'.

I will never understand when RPGs have inventory caps. I get that it's unrealistic to carry everything, but when you can still carry 20+ swords around, that argument goes out of the window, and it serves absolutely no purpose beyond frustrating the player. Just let people carry all they want, devs!

Inquisition was particularly annoying about this because there was really no point to it. There was no storage chest at your base to hold onto excess inventory you didn't want to get rid of or couldn't use yet, but there was no penalty for over-carrying either. It was just a needless restriction.

Yeah, it doesn't really work either way, there's a whole heap of reasons to head back to Skyhold... and you can sell items in some camps too, so there's that.

And if you're not talking to your companions anyway, you're missing out on the best parts of this game.

I wouldn't mind the inventory limit if we could just have it higher. 90 items is just not enough and that's the cap WITH extra space unlocked. It should be closer to 200, if not higher. Especially when there's a bloody crafting system in the game!

I think I mostly agree on the sentiment for all RPG's, though. Considering it's just a value in a line of code, I'm not sure why there's any kind of inventory cap. A lot of massive JRPG's have always given you all the space you could want (I don't think I've ever needed more inventory space in a Final Fantasy game, for example), but western RPG's have this insane need to limit your carrying capacity.

Sequels to Red Dead Redemption, Bully 2 or LA Noire could be announced in the New Year, Rockstar has teased.

“It’s wonderful to see so much excitement and enthusiasm for the Red Dead series, and nearly 5 years after Red Dead Redemption’s release(!),” the company said.

“As we’ve mentioned when asked in the past about new games in other series such as Red Dead Redemption, Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won’t get to them eventually. We have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing.

“We thank longtime fans such as yourselves as always for your amazing support and please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements of what’s to come from Rockstar Games.”

Bully 2 remains one of the most enquired about games on MCVuk.com, although the commercial success of the last Red Dead Redemption game possibly positions that as the go-to project for Rockstar in 2015.

- Source (MCV UK)

Screw bandwidth and timing, I want RDR2 now :(

Surprised to see they're considering an LA Noire follow up considering it was a bit of a cock up, and all the controversy about it's development.