General Gaming Thread

TKz

Never! I like keeping old games in case I want to play them again >_>

You will be too busy! GET ON IT!

I did this with my Xbox One! Thought I Would play all those old games again....nope.

• Like 1

Champion, thanks. I think Witcher, FF Type 0, AC Unity and maybe GTA would be the games I'm looking at getting for it. None are console sellers to me, but games I'd get cheap down the line.

Mind, I may have some in Instant Gamr Collection to tide me over a month.

As promised: http://www.bestgamedeals.uk/ViewDeal?id=182

Less than £250 now :)

So there's a rumor going around that Microsoft is in talks to buy the Silent Hill franchise from Konami and turn Silent Hills (in the same breath, rumored to be about 80% done) into an XB1 exclusive game for "billions".

The whole "billions" part is throwing me off, but oh boy has this raised some ire.

• Like 1

Oh I think silent Hill having a comeback could sell a lot. Tomb raider proved that. But buying it for billions?

At that point you're not paying to warn cash you're paying to make sure others can't either. Like keeping a player that's really expensive on your team because it's worth more to have him then play against him.

I don't get Microsoft sometimes though. They pay a lot to have great games made but then they shuffle over to other places and then it's like "why did you even bother. " mass effect, limbo, and aforementioned tomb raider to name some great titles. Titan fall going to be another.

If they do buy silent Hill I would actually be happy for them that they had a solid franchise all to themselves. It will sell more systems than just timed exclusive deals. But billions? Yeah I agree that's far fetched.

I can't see Silent Hill being a console seller anymore. Not sure anyone really gives a shit about the franchise considering they haven't made a decent game since 4, or a truly great game since 2.

I would kill for an HD remake of 1 and 2 though.

If it Silent Hills with Kojima, Del Toro and Reedus intact, then fine. If not, I can't see it being worth picking up at any price, let alone a reported "billions". It's for that reason that I'm sceptical about the whole rumour, but I suppose we could well find out something (or nothing, if appropriate) at E3 in a couple of weeks.

I can't see Silent Hill being a console seller anymore. Not sure anyone really gives a shit about the franchise considering they haven't made a decent game since 4, or a truly great game since 2.

I would kill for an HD remake of 1 and 2 though.

Another Silent Hill game isn't a console seller.

Silent Hills, the horror game from Del Toro, Kojima and Norman Reedus? The game that could've been so good that the teaser for it became a phenomenon? The game that's removal from existence made it a rare collectors item, that people were paying £1000 for a PS4 with the game installed on? Yeah, that'd sell a few more Xbox One's.

Edited by TKzo Amore

It's a moot point anyways - Phil Spencer called out the rumor and the guy is pretty straightforward when it comes to stuff like this.

And did anyone actually BUY one of the PT PS4s? I only ever saw it reported that people were putting them up for stupid prices, not that anyone had actually bought one. But then again the way that it becomes reported those two things become one in the same.