General Gaming Thread

TKz

Songs carry over, but some licenses have expired. You may want to make sure everything is exported as current as possible by checking your download history. Generally, if it shows up in Rock Band Blitz, it'll show up in RB4.

Past instruments will work.

Don't be surprised if songs from Lego or more tracks from Green Day/etc. pop up as DLC.

I didn't go through this thread but does anybody purchase their games at Best Buy, or own a best buy club membership? They reduced the price to $30 for the membership and you save 20% off all new games (including games on sale), and 10% off used games. Seems like they also offer $10 back rewards on some pre-order games. I was thinking about splitting the cost with a friend, but wasn't sure if we'd both be able to use it, or if it's treated just like their normal rewards program where you can just give a phone number.

Also, Batman is on sale for $49 on ebay.

Went into GameStop today and it really made me sad. Games are more expensive than ever, €75 for new PS4 releases and FIFA 15 is still somehow €65 for the PS3 version. Along with that a large portion of the wall was covered with various DLC in-game purchases of one variety of another, FIFA Ultimate Team credit or GTA V cash and the like.

Was just a real downer, gaming has really changed for the worse in a lot of ways. I used to love going in and picking up a new game, that being it and playing it to death.If you go up and buy something now there's umpteen DLC add-ons and some douche in with a top-knot is pestering you to buy disc insurance and pre-order another broken game to get exclusive pre-order DLC.

Ugh. :(

• Like 1

Why are you not doing the majority of your shopping online with the rest of mankind?

But seriously, don't judge the industry by what GAME or whoever tells you it is. I don't ever pay more than £40/45 for a launch title and I buy one of those a month if that. I just shop around and grab them online or at a supermarket. Most games I read up on, decide what it's worth to me and wait for it to drop to around that price.

I agree that DLC and in game purchases are pretty terrible, but I dont feel like I've missed out by only playing the core game - except maybe with Destiny, but even then I got a ton of playtime out of it.

I actually think that the industry is in a great place right now. The AAA next gen games are starting to trickle out and the indie library is brilliant, not to mention the free monthly games and things like that.

To be honest I haven't shopping for games this past year. I got a PS4 and played Assassin's Creed Black Flag, half of Watch Dogs and FIFA 15. Been so busy that I didn't really have time and ventured into to two shops today to have a look and it was odd. Gamestop as I mentioned was covered in DLC stuff while the Smyth's was practically all those gaming figurines that I've never really understood, the Disney ones and some others!

That, along with the ridiculous prices was just a bit jarring! I do plan to pick up Arkham Knight some point soon, along with Far Cry and a few others I've missed out on so I'll pick them up online or used!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got NBA2K15 for some reason as I've never really watched basketball before.

It amazes me that the company that produced WWE2K15 is the same one that made this. The presentation, gameplay, game modes, everything is just so in depth and detailed.

• Like 1

As some of you know, my kids are massive nerds. They play Minecraft and Terraria loads. They've been stuck at the Wall of Flesh on Terraria for ages, they always get so close and it reaches the end of the map right just before it's dead.

Well they recruited me to help, got me so weapons, armour, items and life crystals. And today I helped them beat. Mini Summ landed the final hits himself, as me and his sister had died and was on his way back. Their excitement at beating it, finally, was brilliant.

• Like 7

Just got NBA2K15 for some reason as I've never really watched basketball before.

It amazes me that the company that produced WWE2K15 is the same one that made this. The presentation, gameplay, game modes, everything is just so in depth and detailed.

Prototype 1/2 bundle came out today on XB1, which kind of shocked me as I thought it was only rumored last I heard about it - I assume that means it's out on the PS4 as well.

Indeed. Will likely be up when the store updates.

Europe gets it on the 22nd.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/07/14/prototype-biohazard-bundle-available-now-for-xbox-one

• 2 weeks later...