General Gaming Thread

TKz

I miss all the platformers of the 90s. Crash, Spyro, Tombi, Croc, Gex, Klonoa, Pandemonium, Oddworld, Rayman, Heart of Darkness, and shit loads of others.

I'm looking forward to Yooka-Laylee which is being made by a lot of the team that made Banjo-Kazooie. 

• Like 2

My hype for Yooka-Laylee fizzled away the second they hit the 'dlc' tier of their kickstarter goal. It might be fun but expecting a classic RARE title from developers who will likely be working from a brand new engine is just asking for trouble. At best I'm expecting something as good as Brutal Legend but it's going to be hard to make a spectacular game when it's being spread so thin across so many platforms.

In other news Prison Architect finally released today and the improvements are great.

My hype for Yooka-Laylee fizzled away the second they hit the 'dlc' tier of their kickstarter goal. It might be fun but expecting a classic RARE title from developers who will likely be working from a brand new engine is just asking for trouble. At best I'm expecting something as good as Brutal Legend but it's going to be hard to make a spectacular game when it's being spread so thin across so many platforms.

In other news Prison Architect finally released today and the improvements are great.

I don't get the spread so thin over different platform bits? They're using the Unity engine which is meant to make it easy to port to every system (hence the name) so it isn't like 2 people are working on each version, they'll make it as a team and then convert it. I doubt it will be as smooth as they'd hope, but it isn't like they need to make loads of versions of the same game it will be more small compatibility issues. 

Also Banjo-Kazooie was a brand new engine :/

• Like 1

I grabbed Wasteland 2: Director's Cut yesterday from the local EB just because it was cheaper than most other games that are coming out and if I don't like it, I can just return it and.. erm.. put it towards my  Fallout 4 purchase.

Took a little while to get into - especially since it was a clearly a "erm, yeah we have to make the controller work with consoles, huh?" kind of deal but I eventually got into it and played it all the way up to midnight.