General Gaming Thread

TKz

12 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Kojima leaves Konami to start his own studio. Yay!

Indeed! Was going to post this - he's in final talks with Sony for a new IP. Speculation is that it will end up being something like Quantic Dream's situation - independent but with major support from Sony itself.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this. As much as I love Kojima's Metal Gear games, I'd like to see him take charge of a completely different type of game. Obviously, the horror game with Del Toro springs to mind, but I can imagine plenty of other intriguing projects.

Just a note to both Sony and Microsoft gamers - with the threat of the services being attacked Christmas Day I'd go ahead and make sure you have your consoles set properly (on PS4, making sure that your PS4 is your primary if you ever mess around with that), download some games and make sure they're patched, etc.

• Like 1

Going to be tricky balancing my gaming over the coming week off... (First World Problems TO THE MAX)

- Want to plow on towards the end of FF7 (only just started Disc 2)

- Want to progress on my FM Diary (which can, of course, last for months yet)

- I know I'm going to be getting AC Syndicate for Christmas, which will also sit there tempting me

And all the while I'm supposed to a) be sociable, b) study for my Driving Theory Test in mid-January, c) eat/drink/sleep/etc.

I feel like I need to draw up a dedicated schedule or something. :shifty: 

4 hours ago, DeliBenji said:

Honestly, who spends their Christmas day ruining little kids' (and big kids') fun? I actually feel sorry for people that sad.

I don't know why anyone would want to do it at any time, other than to get some sort of buzz from causing inconvenience to others. Some people will do anything for a minuscule amount of infamy, apparently.

• Like 1

Its a million times better, and I loved Black Flag.

Obviously no boats, but the control systems are much better and less awkward (they implemented most in Unity, but the rest of that game wasn't so good). The main characters are very good, they story is great and even the majority of the side stuff is a lot of fun.