General Gaming Thread

TKz

18 hours ago, Troy Saint said:

The finalists for the 2016 class of the World Video Game Hall of Fame have been announced, you can vote here:

http://www.worldvideogamehalloffame.org/

I'd argue Pokemon, Space Invaders, GTA III and probably the Legend of Zelda would be my picks, though I never played Final Fantasy at a point where I understood what was going on so don't particularly get the hype. :shifty: 

How Street Fighter II isn't already on the list is crazy. It was such a huge deal back in the day when it got released on consoles.

And I've never felt the hype about Final Fantasy. I tried playing it and thought it was pants.

• Like 1

Current run down of potential games with confirmed release dates for me this year...

Apr 22, 2016: Ratchet & Clank [PS4]
April 25 / May 2, 2016: TEW 16 [PC]
May 3, 2016: Battleborn [PS4]
May 10, 2016: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]
May 13, 2016: DOOM [PS4]
May 20, 2016: Homefront: The Revolution [PS4]
May 26, 2016: Mirror's Edge Catalyst [PS4]
July 1, 2016: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness [PS4]
September 30, 2016: Final Fantasy XV [PS4/XBO]
October 11, 2016: Gears of War 4 [XBO] (if I get an XBO before then)

Next month is going to kill me, I feel like outside of U4 and MEC, most of those May ones are going to have to be "go down in price" ones, or in TEW's case, wait until my backlog is more clear.

I still haven't finished (or really played) Witcher 3, Dying Light, and the FFX Remakes.

I still haven't even bought Fallout 4, the new Far Cry, and Arkham Knight, along with a dozen others I don't remember right now. I don't want the list to keep growing at the rate it is :P

4 hours ago, Benjrie Mode said:

Current run down of potential games with confirmed release dates for me this year...

Apr 22, 2016: Ratchet & Clank [PS4]
April 25 / May 2, 2016: TEW 16 [PC]
May 3, 2016: Battleborn [PS4]
May 10, 2016: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]
May 13, 2016: DOOM [PS4]
May 20, 2016: Homefront: The Revolution [PS4]
May 26, 2016: Mirror's Edge Catalyst [PS4]
July 1, 2016: Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness [PS4]
September 30, 2016: Final Fantasy XV [PS4/XBO]
October 11, 2016: Gears of War 4 [XBO] (if I get an XBO before then)

Next month is going to kill me, I feel like outside of U4 and MEC, most of those May ones are going to have to be "go down in price" ones, or in TEW's case, wait until my backlog is more clear.

Where is Persona 5 on that list?

Man, two of the three games on my MUST BUY list has a release date of Maybe 2016.

Well, Thief's End is a 'probably will' buy.

I really hate huge updates. I haven't had Fallout in the system since just after Christmas, fire it up today to play it and I've got a 2.2G update to install before I can play it. One update should not be that huge.

So I want to do try to do an LP series based on budget games, going by what's recommended to me and my PS Plus backlog.

Here's my candidates for the first episode:

Catlateral Damage: Basically a first person cat simulator, you play as a cat and wreck shit.

Abyss Oddesey Extended Dream Edition: A side-scrolling beat em up in a fantasy setting with a cool art style. Looks like Final Fight meets Gauntlet in gameplay,

Walking Dead Michonne: TTG Walking Dead game starring everyone's favorite zombie-killing swordswoman.

Anyone play one of these three mind sharing their opinion on them?

I can't imagine an LP of any Telltale game will be interesting. I rarely watch LP's, but I when I do I watch for how people play, not what decisions they make in a story. I could be alone in that though. Now if it were a bigger and more involved game with decisions (Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc) then I'd watch.

• Like 1

I did a Fallout one for a while, but too many videos with 0 views had me just stop recording my FO4 play. So I'm going off of the LPer I like the most (Markiplier) and going towards less well-known titles. But yeah, Michonne might not be a good pick, though I'll probably play it for fun anyway.

LPs of Telltale Games can be interesting, but they're carried more by your personality than what goes on in-game. How you react, your emotion, the tone of your voice, etc - if you just do a monotonous blow-by-blow of a Telltale game, people are probably going to tune out within the first few minutes. 

That said, Catlateral Damage would be my pick. That's a hilariously fun game.

• Like 1