General Gaming Thread

TKz

43 minutes ago, Benji said:

Is it weird that following the Platinum demo I'm way more likely to get Persona 5 than FFXV? Seriously that demo has put me off something awful.

Also, is it just me, or is hair this generation just terrible? Every single game I play this gen has hair that looks plastic. I mean, hair has never looked particularly great in games, but this gen it seems very very noticeable.

I always prefer the hair in the 64 days

Yeah, I liked the Overwatch BETA - really nice feel and really well made and balanced but at the same time I have Destiny and DC Universe to occupy most of my time so a full priced purchase of Overwatch isn't really all that high on my list of priorities.

I'm really enjoying Overwatch, going halves with my flatmate on the digital version, so the cost isn't an issue. Otherwise couldn't justify full price for an online-only title.

I love the art style, it's a bit like Timesplitters with more strategy, and I like that there's no perks or anything to take advantage of. Everything's pretty balanced as long as you play to your class and work as a team, treating it as bog standard deathmatch is an easy way to wipe. I like that the game recognises that not all classes are kill-based so you get rewarded for things like damage blocked as a tank or amount of healing you contributed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apsham said:

Microsoft accidentally leaked a side panel image and it looks like the new Battlefield game is going to be a WW1 game.

iuodimW.jpg

Confirmed by the saltyness of the Battlefield developers on Twitter.

Yup. That looks like a Mauser and that is definitely a trench club. Not sure about the cape, tho.

I hope Captain Blackadder makes an appearance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, apsham said:

It's supposed to be a ground sheet cape, which were standard issue from 1971 forward.

MKVI%20Brown%20Ground%20Sheet%20141113%2

Ahh, yes those 1971 trench capes >_>

God damn that war dragged on.

• Like 4

Stellaris looks really good when you watch someone play it, but I think it's one of those games I'd boot up, spend 10 minutes trying to work out how to do something and then quit. Either that or I'd think I had everything worked out, spend five hours playing it then realise I forgot to do this really important thing at the start that now means I'm totally fucked and might as well have not bothered. Plus space has always been kind of meh as a setting to me. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 1

In just over 1 hour, Hitman's first 'elusive contract' will be going live.

You only have until Sunday morning/evening (depending on your time zone) to deal with him. Only one shot to take him down.

I hate the overall release method of Hitman 2016. "Epidsodes" instead of a full game, I know there's loads of different ways you can go about assassinating your target(s)  but I don't want to play the same mission over and over again for a month. 

• Like 1