General Gaming Thread

TKz

Just a warning to anyone who was looking forward to getting Mirror's Edge Catalyst - it has over 600 collectibles. I only make a point of this because I know how much some people despise collectibles and that is an absurd amount of false expanding content to add, even more so as an open world game. I hate that GTA does similar stuff, but at least they have the non-filler content to back it up, and I doubt this game will.

Been playing through Dark Souls 3 recently as my first Souls game (if you don't count Bloodborne). Nameless King is kind of a dick for having two phases, the first of which does an awful job of keeping the boss in view. I think I can take him though, his second phase seems like a scarier hunter fight from Bloodborne, which I'm all about.

On 5/17/2016 at 17:55, Benji said:

Just a warning to anyone who was looking forward to getting Mirror's Edge Catalyst - it has over 600 collectibles. I only make a point of this because I know how much some people despise collectibles and that is an absurd amount of false expanding content to add, even more so as an open world game. I hate that GTA does similar stuff, but at least they have the non-filler content to back it up, and I doubt this game will.

600 Collectibles? Wow. Like...I enjoyed going after the Messenger Bags in ME1, so all I can hope is that the Collectibles make sense and you can get a hidden map or whatever for them

I posted this in the secret place, figured I'd post it here too since it somewhat has something to do with video games.

So...I'm engaged now!

The fiance is a super big Mass Effect fan, so I made a fake announcement trailer for her.

• Like 5

I bought the first dead Space years ago for cheap and only ever finished the first chapter. Just picked it up again today and not sure why I put it down. I'm assuming it was because I bought other games at the same time, but playing it now and it's great. Some fun jump scares and great atmosphere. I'm most way through chapter 3 and I've already lost count of the amount of times a necromorph has snuck up on me :lol:

Started playing GTA: Vice City last night again on the PS4. My jesus the graphics are horrible but I forgot how much I really enjoy that game to be honest. I only did a few missions but I really want to sit down today and play a whole bunch of it. Plus, the trophies don't look all that hard to get either so I might actually try to platinum it. Hopefully trophies aren't like tattoo's where getting one will make me want to get them all. :shifty: 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Fork "The Hitman" Hart said:

Plus, the trophies don't look all that hard to get either so I might actually try to platinum it. Hopefully trophies aren't like tattoo's where getting one will make me want to get them all. :shifty: 

Not another one. :(