General Gaming Thread

TKz

3 hours ago, RPS said:

Any recommendations on casual mobile games to play? I've played WWE Supercard, but I switched to an Android and have no desire to continue. Prefer free, but don't mind paying for something. 

The Walking Dead: Road To Survival

Pokemon Shuffle

Puzzle and Dragons

Fallout Shelter

New Star Soccer (Has so many leagues is actually has the NASL)

Pocket Mortys (It's basically a simplified Pokemon with Rick and Morty motif)

On The Run

2 minutes ago, James 'Kryten' Milner said:

I think NSS is better on a tablet than a phone, so it depends with that one.

Probably. It's also better when you're captain because you can direct your teammates to not get directly in the way of your otherwise clear shot on goal. (Which at best robs you of goal bonus, at worst they take your shot in a completely different direction and cost you the match... which you will get blamed for)

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I played Virtue's Last Reward (the second one) and didn't feel lost, despite never having played the first game. It's not usually the style of game I tend to go for, but I found it to be an engaging experience that was worth my time. A particularly nice feature is the narrative tree that can be viewed in the pause menu, which allows you to resume any part of the story at any branching point so that you can see all the content without having to play through the same parts over and over again. Yes, there are a lot of different endings, but actually getting to see them isn't a matter of grinding through stuff you've already done for hours on end.

• Like 1

I only learned there was a predecessor to Virtues Last Reward after finishing it and looking online for anything similar. I'm not normally a fan of that sort of game as I get frustrated with puzzles quickly and end up cheating, and I don't generally get engrossed by a story that's entirely told in pages of text. But I had it on the Vita and pretty much couldn't put it down from start to finish. You don't have to play the entire game again to get different endings, there's a sort of story map screen so you can see where it branches and go back and take different options. I will say the final act is a fucking head trip and you need to concentrate to keep up with what's going on, but I highly recommend playing it. I want to give the first one a go but I don't have a 3ds, and now I know there's a new one out soon, I'm sorely tempted to buy a vita again... 

6 hours ago, Cactus Drags said:

I only learned there was a predecessor to Virtues Last Reward after finishing it and looking online for anything similar. I'm not normally a fan of that sort of game as I get frustrated with puzzles quickly and end up cheating, and I don't generally get engrossed by a story that's entirely told in pages of text. But I had it on the Vita and pretty much couldn't put it down from start to finish. You don't have to play the entire game again to get different endings, there's a sort of story map screen so you can see where it branches and go back and take different options. I will say the final act is a fucking head trip and you need to concentrate to keep up with what's going on, but I highly recommend playing it. I want to give the first one a go but I don't have a 3ds, and now I know there's a new one out soon, I'm sorely tempted to buy a vita again... 

Think there's an iOS version of 999 but otherwise it's on normal DS, not 3DS, so you could in theory get one of those since they're a lot cheaper. Though, it'll probably cost you the same as the console to buy the game unless you want to get into the dark world of flash carts or even emulation...