General Gaming Thread

TKz

21 hours ago, Ruki said:

Dammit....just finished 999.

Got the bad ending :/

I ddn't want to go for more than one ending...but I can't get the bad ending!

....got a worse ending.

(For those who have played it, I got the Knife ending, followed by the sub ending. Following a guide now to get the right ending)

3 hours ago, Ruki said:

....got a worse ending.

(For those who have played it, I got the Knife ending, followed by the sub ending. Following a guide now to get the right ending)

Cheat

• Like 2

Holy shit this game.

@Quom

Favorite rogue likes? I've become slightly obsessed. I have played Spleunky, Rick of Rain, Nuclear Throne, Dungeon of Endless and Binding of Isaac Rebirth. So far my favorite is Nuclear or Binding, but I picked up Risk of Rain for 2$ and I really enjoy it. 

i've got a few on my wishlist. I played Enter the Gungeon, but I felt it was just a lesser Nuclear Throne and returned it. I picked up Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I haven't given it a play yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MDK said:

When they say cracked, are we talking emulators? Because 27 minutes is too much for my concentration. Ooh, look, a pigeon!

Actually no, the main focus was to get at the audio part of the Saturn and use it for chiptune, in trying to get into the console programming, the main issue was trying to get around the console copy protection to run code on the machine, which is a wavey line on the disc that the Saturn would read to prove an offical disc, if it cant read the wavey line then it wont run the disc (on a side note you can put a Saturn disc into a PC and rip the entire disc as there is no protection on disc). From there he goes in via a modified plug in card and then got all the code from the console and was working with people who do emulators to figure out what the code is for the copy protection and its that code that nobody had been able to fully take from the console, and thats the code that helps people who do emulators. Also he moves from trying to bypass the disc read protection since the drives are dying and modified the plug in card to run a USB which you could then use to run games/programs through the Saturn. At the end he says he plans to improve the card and release it publically for sale.

I might have missed a bit or explained something a little wrong but thats roughly what I got from watching it last night. It is interesting if you have an interest in how consoles work.

• Like 1

Man, fuck Pokemon Go. I can't go into Youtube without getting a bunch of videos for it popping up in recommended. I haven't given a damn about Pokemon in well over a decade, and have never watched any videos for it on Youtube at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Man, fuck Pokemon Go. I can't go into Youtube without getting a bunch of videos for it popping up in recommended. I haven't given a damn about Pokemon in well over a decade, and have never watched any videos for it on Youtube at all. 

Pokémon fan here, and I agree with you <_<

I've also seen stories about people getting hurt due to playing Pokemon Go. On Facebook someone posted a video of a news story about a teenager girl who was hit by a car while playing the game. Her and her mother both blame the game. Not the fact that the idiot was crossing a highway......