General Gaming Thread

TKz

The remastering culture is pretty strong this generation. Even on 360 though MUA was pretty much a PS2 game so good luck polishing that.

Wonder if this is the lead in for them doing something more with it. Granted, it didn't pan out that way with Prototype (all the poor reviews for that puts good faith in this BTW) but there's always more Marvel stuff in the pipeline that they can tie in with. Actually quite surprised they haven't done that already, especially since MUA2 was Civil War based. Feels like there hasn't been too much in the way of Marvel games come out, bar the PC stuff like the MMO's or Puzzle Quest. You had those Sega published games back during phase one for Iron Man, Thor and Cpt America but other than that...Deadpool and Lego pretty much.

I guess it's nice they're doing these but not so sure on $60 for em. Just annoying that this will mean they wont come on on backwards compatibility on Xbox One, I got them both digitally when they were on sale for a while since they're pretty hard to pick up on disc. You know what they should remaster though? X-Men Legends 1 & 2.

To be fair with Prototype, it was a mediocre game in the first place that had a lot of hype behind it when it first came out. Remaster reviews were only going to see through the glaring holes in it because it no longer had the hype train. InFamous won that fight with no question.

13781784_1280445331967633_57954480301590

Traded in one game I don't play anymore and walked out with Four I want to play. Gonna go to the local game store soon and see if I can't find PS2 copies of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 since I don't care about the remastering on the PS3 versions. If I can get PS2 copies for a couple bucks over the near 30 I'd have to spend for the PS3 ones I'll take it. If I can't I guess I'll just have to spend the money for the PS3 ones.

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 03:09, apsham said:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 out... THIS TUESDAY FOR PS4/XB1/PC. GET HYPE.

What is the status of the DLC? I believe there were some issues that led to it being pulled later on?

8 minutes ago, apsham said:

They were licensing issues but seeing as how this is Marvel pushing it out themselves, I'm guessing it's included.

If all the DLC for both is included, I might be tempted to pick the combo bundle up. The first game was great, and the second wasn't bad. I just wish that they could throw X-Men Legends in there (particularly the second one) as well.

There are reviews stating that the game is rife with controller issues as well - which kind of sucks. I wanted to see for myself so I downloaded a copy and yeah - it's busted like it was when the game originally came out. The DLC isn't included with the first game but it's all there for the second... I'll assume the issues that removed the DLC from the first game on the 360 are doing something there.

Games are worth playing but not until controller support is fixed.

On 7/23/2016 at 11:59, Leave It To Forky said:

It may not have been very good but I wasted a lot of time on all three of those games in my youth.

The highlight of those ECW games was that one woman who kept shouting at Mahoney to show her his balls.

Not to mention the PC version is the drizzling, well, y'know.

Anyone else kinda sorta thinking about maybe contemplating the possible purchase of No Man's Sky?  I like the idea of a solo exploration game with hints of Eve/Earth & Beyond, but every time I see news on it, it's always followed with lawsuit/delay/money-grabbing/etc.

I am getting it and I'm excited about it. The last few videos they've released has really got me hyped for it. But yeah, every time I see it mentioned online, most of the comments are negative for some reason. I want this game to be awesome just to shut them up.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

I am getting it and I'm excited about it. The last few videos they've released has really got me hyped for it. But yeah, every time I see it mentioned online, most of the comments are negative for some reason. I want this game to be awesome just to shut them up.

As someone who thinks it will sell well but won't be particularly good and won't live up to the hype, it would make me happy to be proved wrong. I don't want anything to be bad, for the most part. Everything about it screams that it'll be another "Spore" to me.