General Gaming Thread

TKz

Someone showed me this.

When you see it:

ead540fae9.jpg

3 hours ago, apsham said:

That's nothing. There's 90 dollar DLC for that game to make the clothing see through.

Not sure if you saw the "when you see it" bit.

Still a hilarious oversight, seeing as right next to it is "SEXUAL CONTENT".

Some details on the mini Sega consoless, it seems they are just re-releasing the old Blaze/AtGames 80 game machines for £49.99 each for the console and handheld unit. Both have the same list of games (see spoiler). From reviews of older versions the main criticism was they they don't replicate the sound chip very well, on top of that the console version can be picky on which cartridges it can play, of the two I'd suggest the handheld as it has the option to add ROMs via an SD card.

Spoiler
  1. Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
  2. Alien Storm
  3. Altered Beast
  4. Arrow Flash
  5. Bonanza Bros.
  6. Chakan: The Forever Man
  7. Columns
  8. Columns III
  9. ComixZone
  10. Crack Down
  11. DecapAttack
  12. Dr. Robotnik'sMean Bean Machine
  13. ESWAT: City Under Siege
  14. Eternal Champions
  15. Fatal Labyrinth
  16. Flicky
  17. Gain Ground
  18. Golden Axe
  19. Golden Axe II
  20. Golden Axe III
  21. Jewel Master
  22. Kid Chameleon
  23. Phantasy Star 2
  24. Phantasy Star 3
  25. Ristar
  26. Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
  27. Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
  28. Sonic & Knuckles
  29. Sonic Spinball
  30. Sonic the Hedgehog
  31. Sonic the Hedgehog II
  32. Sonic 3D Blast
  33. Sword of Varmilion
  34. The Ooze
  35. Vectorman
  36. VectormanII
  37. Mortal Kombat I
  38. Mortal Kombat II
  39. Mortal Kombat III
  40. Adventure in the Park
  41. Cross the road
  42. Jack's Pea
  43. Jewel Magic
  44. Curling 2010
  45. Plumbing Contest
  46. Wall-Breaking
  47. Bubble Master
  48. Break a Fireline
  49. Mahjong Solitaire
  50. Warehouse Keeper
  51. Chess
  52. Memory
  53. Snake
  54. Air Hockey
  55. Spider
  56. Naval Power
  57. Mr. Balls
  58. Cannon
  59. Fight or Lose
  60. Bottle Taps Race
  61. Bomber
  62. Checker
  63. Hexagonos
  64. Whack-A-Wolf
  65. Mirror Mirror
  66. Panic Lift
  67. Black Sheep
  68. Flash Memory
  69. Brain Switch
  70. Mega Brain Switch
  71. Hidden Agenda
  72. Dominant Amber
  73. Hide and Seek
  74. Jura Formula
  75. Lost World Sudoku
  76. Meatloaf Rotation
  77. Mya Master Mind
  78. Skeleton Scale
  79. T-Rex Memory Match
  80. Yawning Triceratops

Here is a review of the older handheld unit

Yikes, combine that with the fact reviews for this are embargoed until 4AM tomorrow morning and several places apparently didn't even receive copies until today despite being intended to receive them Friday, they really must not have been as confident as they'd hoped in that original release. Here's to hoping this patch fixes whatever issues they had.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Yikes, combine that with the fact reviews for this are embargoed until 4AM tomorrow morning and several places apparently didn't even receive copies until today despite being intended to receive them Friday, they really must not have been as confident as they'd hoped in that original release. Here's to hoping this patch fixes whatever issues they had.

This is all standard fare in the games industry these days sadly.

Yeah - there are a few cases where the embargo really means nothing, I don't think that's a great indicator anymore to be honest.

But at the same time - I think the developers in this case know how much people have hyped it in in their heads versus what is possible in a video game. Endless worlds is something that the human mind can run absolutely wild with that.. at least in this day and age.. a video game will not be able to deliver on. Minecraft procedurally generates, other games like Starbound have a huge amount of choices that lay out before you - but before long everything eventually rolls over to at least 'kind of' looking or feeling the same.

I think the problem with No Man's Sky is the hype train. I have never felt misled by anything HelloGames has stated- it is a space exploration game with elements of crafting, combat and trading. I can't really think of anything they promised to be in the game that wasn't. They've always been pretty up front about it. From the splices I've seen on Polygon and Kotaku, it is the game that I have been interested in playing. The idea of upgrading my space ship, going to desolate planets, mining resources, hopping into my spaceship and hoping to stumble upon a more populated world. That is what I want from No Man's Sky and all indications show that is what we will get. 

Full disclosure though - I am the type of guy who boots up Skyrim or Fallout 3 and just goes out wandering and exploring and doesn't touch the main game. 

1 hour ago, RPS said:

I think the problem with No Man's Sky is the hype train. I have never felt misled by anything HelloGames has stated- it is a space exploration game with elements of crafting, combat and trading. I can't really think of anything they promised to be in the game that wasn't. They've always been pretty up front about it. From the splices I've seen on Polygon and Kotaku, it is the game that I have been interested in playing. The idea of upgrading my space ship, going to desolate planets, mining resources, hopping into my spaceship and hoping to stumble upon a more populated world. That is what I want from No Man's Sky and all indications show that is what we will get. 

Full disclosure though - I am the type of guy who boots up Skyrim or Fallout 3 and just goes out wandering and exploring and doesn't touch the main game. 

Same here.  I'm hoping for a game where I can go, putz around separate of every other living human and do cool space shit.  If I can do that, it's all good.  Potentially naming things "Gravy" is just that.

I'm excited and cautiously optimistic about No Man's Sky because I know it's not going to be what some people have built it up to be. The embargo means nothing, Bloodborne had an embargo that lifted the day before release and that was one of, if not the best game of this generation.

No Man's Sky will be phenomenal as long as you let it be, and reading through the day one patch notes doesn't worry me, it excites me.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

See this is the kind of talk that makes me not believe hype :P

Eh, I went into Bloodborne knowing that hype and not caring about Dark Souls and it delivered on every front. I think you need to remove yourself from the hype entirely in cases like these. Helped that I played it like a year after release when the hype wasn't quite as in your face.

I'd probably agree that Bloodborne is my game of the generation thus far.

Everything I saw of Bloodborne made me think it was lame as fuck tbh.

I watched IGN as they live streamed a 2 hour No Man's Sky playthrough last night. It looks decent/good, though I admit I only watched about 15 mins. I believe both IGN and Kotaku have said they liked the early impressions of the game.