General Gaming Thread

TKz

(Related to my THPS 4 bitching in the secret area that doesn't exist, finally got the damn thing to install)

So, according to Wikipedia, Tony Hawks Underground (the first one) got a PC release in Australia and New Zealand. I'm totally not trying to hunt a copy down or anything. :shifty:

Stardew Valley is quite a bit of fun! I'm partway through spring and I've got the silo built and a bunch of things turned in to the museum. I also completed the foraging quest for hte little gnome things.

Next, I am going to work on getting my axe upgraded (so I can do the construction bundle for the gnomes) and a chicken coop.

On 08/12/2016 at 04:05, The Handsome Luchadore said:

(Related to my THPS 4 bitching in the secret area that doesn't exist, finally got the damn thing to install)

So, according to Wikipedia, Tony Hawks Underground (the first one) got a PC release in Australia and New Zealand. I'm totally not trying to hunt a copy down or anything. :shifty:

You might want to get THUG2 on PC, there is a free mod called Tony Hawk's Underground Pro where they have modded in levels from the previous games.

2 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

You might want to get THUG2 on PC, there is a free mod called Tony Hawk's Underground Pro where they have modded in levels from the previous games.

Oh that's on my shopping list alright. One of the few games in the series I haven't messed with.

On 12/8/2016 at 04:05, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Goddamnit, now I'm going to have to track down an Xbox copy of THUG 2. <_< 

• Like 1

Have you guys ever taken this "gamer motivation profile"?

Mine seems pretty accurate. Of the six main categories (Immersion, Action, Social, Mastery, Achievement, Creativity) I scored a 49% in Immersion, 52% in social, and 82% in creativity. I feel like that's pretty representative of how I play games - I want to be immersed in the game, and I love the social aspects of gaming, whether it's playing local co-op with a friend or playing an MMO. Creativity's also pretty important, if I can find a way to break the game - either through OP strategies or glitches - that's when I really start having fun. My secondary motivations are things like community, fantasy, and strategy.

68% Action
Creativity, Achievement, Social all 35%

Based on the recommendations it spat out I'm finding it hard to accept that it accurately gauged why I enjoy video games the top recommendations were: FIFA, Hotline Miami, Madden, Need for Speed, Tekken. :/ Binding of Isaac was on the second page so maybe it isn't utterly devoid of meaning.

68% Immersion
58% Action
21% Mastery
20% Achievement

Creativity and Social are my lowest as I hate playing online and don't really try to find bugs or anything. I'm more interested in a game for the story and characters more than anything which is why I tend to enjoy Final Fantasy type RPGs.

38% Action
37% Social
24% Immersion
21% Mastery
20% Creativity
16% Achievement

For game recommendations, it gave me:

Super Mario
FIFA
Splatoon
The Walking Dead
Star Wars: Battlefront
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Far Cry 4
Mario Kart

93 Immersion

92 Creativity

69 Action

59 Acheivement

54 Mastery

22 Social

Sounds about right. I rarely play multiplayer and when I do it's almost always cooperative, my #1 problem with Bethesda games is that they force you to choose between aesthetics and optimization when they could just as easily give you both, I even play fighting games for the story (and any fighting game's arcade mode without at least one "rival duel" with dialogue I consider a dull grind), the middle three are things I do enjoy but can do without in a game.

Edited by OctoberRavenO