TKz

General Gaming Thread

Benji    42,133

UFC 09 (again). Training Camps suck. Rest of the game? No worries. But two minutes to do minimum of five tasks, whilst my partner grapples me to the floor over and over ruining my momentum in that limited period of time? Awful.

This Is APSHAM    9,247

Don't pay more if it ends up JUST being for a bigger harddrive because yeah, you probably won't need it for a while, if you do it means you probably have more games than you are actually playing at the moment so you can reinstall later and if you ever do just want to have everything ready at your fingertips, you can just buy a USB drive somewhere down the line and use that for extra storage - since you'll probably fill up a 500GB and 1TB and need something extra anyways if you're like me at one point. :P

Jasonmufc    5,051
2 hours ago, Benji said:

UFC 09 (again). Training Camps suck. Rest of the game? No worries. But two minutes to do minimum of five tasks, whilst my partner grapples me to the floor over and over ruining my momentum in that limited period of time? Awful.

I remember those tyre flip drills being the death of me.

Thanks for the help ya’ll! Couple of other stray questions.

How important is voice chat, especially considering I’ll want to play GTA V and PUBG? Should I get separate hardware for that?

And I assume I should get XBox Live Gold, right?

Fly Eagles Fly    2,725
6 hours ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

How important is voice chat, especially considering I’ll want to play GTA V and PUBG? Should I get separate hardware for that?

If you wanna play online, then you need Gold. Voice chat is nice, albeit less needed.

Baddar    107,748
11 hours ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

Add me on xbox if you get PUBG. I've only played the solo mode at the moment as I don't fancy teaming up with a complete stranger. I have a mic.

baddar88

This Is APSHAM    9,247

For all the bugs and stuff that are sure to be patched for Kingdom Come - I am having a great time and thankfully haven't run into a single one yet. Everything about the game feels so damn unique in a genre where I thought that idea was dead - it really takes the first person open world RPG in a new direction because due to the fighting system and the reputation system, you can't really just jump in and be the hero of the ages like Skyrim or Witcher because you ARE just a peasant with a sword and that is the funnest thing about the whole thing.

The opening parts of the game and all the cut scenes are really well written too, feels like you're watching a movie.

• Like 1

GoGOceanea    27,727
On 2/21/2018 at 14:25, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

Hopefully I’m in the right thread.

I’ve started to save a bit of money in hopes of eventually buying a current generation console. I’ve been watching Let’s Plays and such for several years, but haven’t actually had my own system since the days of PS2/XBox/GameCube. So I’m looking for advice on what to get.

My present thinking is an XBox One X, with as much storage as I can get. The games I would presently be most interested in are GTA V, Minecraft, the Jackbox stuff, and PUBG. I’d also like for this system to last me a few years. I’m a casual gamer, so I likely wouldn’t buy that many games in a year. Likely one or two at most.

Am I on the right track here? What else should I consider?

Since you want it to last a while, I actually would say that yeah, you should consider getting the One X. XBox's mentality towards consoles seems to be heading towards the iPhone model where there might not be a big revolutionary new system per se but updates/improvements on previous ones, and if that's the case then I could see them eventually making games that are compatible for the One X and whatever the next one is and maybe not just the One or even the One S (which is what I'd say you should go for if not the X, you'll get plenty of solid deals on that).

also I too have PUBG and just haven't played it at all/even installed it yet, so I'd probably try it out if I had people to play it with. I'm hot garbage at shooters, though.

Jasonmufc    5,051

@El Hijosh del Ice Cream

I would also suggest you to check out the (upcoming) libraries for both the PS4 and the Xbox One X. The PS4 has a significantly larger library of exclusive titles ranging all across the genre spectrum.

I'm assuming you don't own a gaming PC, so there's no need to talk about that most Xbox exclusive titles are also available on PC through UWP (universal windows platform), which offers the ability to play digitally bought copies on both PC and Xbox, which for people that have gaming pc's (e.g. me) makes the Xbox even less viable.

One thing that the Xbox does have on the PS4 is the versatility of the system, and the general niceness of the system in terms of being able to use it more as a general media device. Most people generally agree that the Xbox is just better in terms of ease of use, and it's ability to play more than games. So that's a very fair criteria too, if you would want such a thing.

If you want to get a console purely for the gaming aspect of it, I would certainly suggest you check out the libraries and see which exclusives strike your fancy, if any. 

Edited by Jasonmufc

I too am hot garbage at shooters. But it’s the first since Goldeneye that looks fun.

And I don’t know of any PS exclusives that appeal to me at all. Like I said, I’m a very casual gamer who plays the same shit over and over. PUBG is exclusive to Xbox, I don’t have a gaming PC, and the only upcoming games I’m interested in are Red Dead And CHIKARA AAW.

GoGOceanea    27,727

Two XBox exclusives I'm quite fond of are Cuphead and Sunset Overdrive. Sea of Thieves also seems like it could be good fun for a while. Their game pass system is also kind of cool, particularly now that all of their future exclusives will be accessible through it.

Meacon    19,734
1 hour ago, El Hijosh del Ice Cream said:

CHIKARA AAW.

First I've heard of this, but my laws that sounds wonderful. 

Rocky    2,023
26 minutes ago, Liam said:

I have that but have barely played it. I'm missing out, right?

I'm thinking the same and feeling I should just install it now.