General Gaming Thread

TKz

11 minutes ago, RPS said:

How does Stream greenlight actually work? How can I help get this thing off the ground.

It's a matter of a game receiving enough upvotes to be "Greenlit" for full release through Steam. There isn't a set number of upvotes needed, but the powers that be are meant to look at each game based on the reaction it's getting in comparison with other Greenlight candidates before coming to a decision. The best way to help a game get through the process is to give it an upvote and tell as many people as you can, perhaps including whichever games news outlets you think might be interested.

• Like 1

Marvel Entertainment, Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal have announced a new game featuring The Avengers. The game will feature a “completely original story” and introduce a universe “gamers can play in for years to come.” More details on this and other games debut in 2018. This is part of a new multi-year, multi-game deal between Marvel and Square Enix.

Marvel Entertainment Senior Vice President of Games & Innovation Jay Ong said: “By partnering with Crystal Dynamics and Eidos-Montréal, we are now working with two of the industry’s most talented and respected game development studios to bring Marvel stories to life in ways our fans have never experienced. The Avengers project is a perfect example of how Marvel is making games a key part of the landscape for Marvel storytelling, alongside comics, television and film. We can only do this by matching our greatest Super Heroes with the world’s top developers, such as the creative minds at Square Enix.

Square Enix Americas and Europe CEO Phil Rogers said: “Marvel’s diverse, innovative universe has created millions of longtime fans, including all of us. It’s exciting to bring together Square Enix’s award-winning development studios with Marvel’s extraordinary storytellers to establish a new entertainment powerhouse. This collaboration of passion and talent will craft epic, imaginative experiences allowing gamers to live out their Super Hero dreams like never before.

I want to be hyped, I really do but Square Enix has not incurred a lot of goodwill lately.

I'm hyped. So hyped. Square Enix + Crystal Dynamics have been the combo behind the Tomb Raider reboot, and those games have been incredible. This game is going to be amazing.

I'm watching Markiplier's LP because a) this game seems very linear and b) I'm a cheap bastard. Also c) Markiplier's reactions.

Enjoying it so far.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

5 hours ago, Forky said:

I would have called it the Terry Funk of the Wrestling Simulators. Just refuses to be retired.

I still contend this game would be outstanding for tablets, but alas.

Edit:  I mean EWR.  Not Terry Funk Retirement Simulator.  That game lost me when they couldn't license "Desperado".

• Like 1

I finished Oxenfree. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I had a lot of fun playing the game. I loved the atmosphere and the characters. The gameplay itself was a bit simplistic but in a more story-driven game like this that doesn't matter all that much. Then the ending happened.

Spoiler

I thought that I did well. I didn't manage to save my brother because I had no idea that doing so was even a possibility. But I managed to become friends with my step-brother, managed to get my best friend Ren to date the girl he had a crush on and even somehow managed to make up with Clarissa. Although I don't have the slightest clue how I did that since I antagonized her throughout the entire game and I was soooo close to sacrifice her in the end to save my own skin. But somehow I got the good ending with her. I won't complain though. The came the ending twist.

It turns out that I am stuck in a timeloop. I don't like timeloops. When I finish a video game I want to feel like I accomplished something. And with infinite loops that is kinda impossible since nothing that you do really matters. Even if you get the best ending it feels hollow because the loop will just start all over again. I checked to see if there was any way for me to break the loop. But there isn't. If I were to play the game again in New Game+ mode I would be able to warn another version of me in another timeline from setting the events in motion that will eventually get me stuck in the time loop but I myself am still stuck int he time loop. Also the enite situation with the ghost crew is also never resolved. They are still stuck in limbo.

So not a fan of that.

Edited by Hellraiser

I actually started and finished Oxenfree today!

I got the ending where Michael stayed dead (didn't know it was possible to bring him back until I read afterwards), Nora and Ren got together, close with Clarissa and distant from Jonas.

I took the time to find all the letters. Because I wanted teh good ending! And I got it.

As for the time loop thing? I think it's a matter that one version of Alex has to repeat the events, not every version. So it's still kind of a happy ending.

Interesting game though. The voice acting was top notch.

6 hours ago, Ruki said:

I actually started and finished Oxenfree today!

Hide contents

As for the time loop thing? I think it's a matter that one version of Alex has to repeat the events, not every version. So it's still kind of a happy end.

Spoiler

That is how I understood the ending too. And that one version of Alex that stays behind is the one you play the first loop with. Which is bullshit. I want a real happy ending in which the loop is definitely broken and in which the ghost crew is allowed to leave the limbo they are stuck in to go into the afterlife or get reincarnated to get another shot at life or whatever makes them happy. If need be make it the hardest ending to unlock. Make me have to play through the gam a dozen times to get to that point. I'll do it. Just give me the option.