General Gaming Thread

TKz

Playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and there was a bit that happened that I didn't see coming that had me laughing.

Beauty and the Beast world for the second time. Some Organization 13 goon has the rose case in one arm and Belle in the other. He's going to take one and leave one. Beast charges him and yells that he wants Belle and just out of nowhere before he can do anything Belle elbows this big tough scary dude in gut, grabs the rose case and takes off running with it to get behind Beast and Sora.

Edited by Kirkland

I beat Mega Satan as the Lost in the Binding of Isaac. This is one of my finest gaming moments. For a while I would skip all devil deals and try to collect the key pieces that way. I changed my strategy a few weeks ago and figured I'd get a run where I would break the game. Finally got that combo thanks to restock, steam sale, blank card, ace of diamonds. 

• Like 1

Easy as pie. If you download Retroarch and find a tutorial on how to use it properly, you won't really need all that much ever again. It's a single thing that can download 'cores' for emulators and in most cases, it'll auto detect and auto configure the controls based on the controller you're using. I have one two 8Bitdo controllers and it recognizes them by name so most others should be good.

I use it in tandem with Emulation Station and a Raspberry Pi so I can just hook it up to my TV and get this.

Image result for emulation station

• Like 3

On 2016-12-17 at 12:27, MDK said:

So, this type of stuff is getting me excited for the world of virtual reality 

wut 

I know this is something from a few months ago - but I had to stop the video because I was going to laugh out loud at my desk. Amazing video.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

That doesn't answer the question :P

I'm not sure what the question is. Its VR on Steam and the creepy Handybot sometimes pops up in random games to freak people out.

I like these for two reasons:

1. Danny Pudi
2. They seem to be telling the story of a "world renowned adventurer" going insane. 

"What was the joke you told us, Eddie?"
"We are going to starve."
"[laughs] That was the one. That was the one!"

• Like 1

Finally got around to playing Journey.

My reactions:

"Wow this sand is fucking amazing."

"Well how the fuck am I supposed to get up there?!"

"There's other people still playing this?"

"Holy shit that crystal dragon!"

"Aww man I'm on my own now?"

"My scarf's gone! I must be near the end..."

"What the fuck?! Is that it? I drop dead from exhaustion the end?!"

"Holy shit I'm almost theeeere..."

"Wait am I... my guy's going all the way back to the start whaaaaat..."

"...OHHHHH the whole thing is about enlightenment and reincarnation."

"That was neat. Wish it was longer though."

• Like 1

On 3/19/2017 at 16:08, Apsham said:

Easy as pie. If you download Retroarch and find a tutorial on how to use it properly, you won't really need all that much ever again. It's a single thing that can download 'cores' for emulators and in most cases, it'll auto detect and auto configure the controls based on the controller you're using. I have one two 8Bitdo controllers and it recognizes them by name so most others should be good.

I use it in tandem with Emulation Station and a Raspberry Pi so I can just hook it up to my TV and get this.

ApSham is good people, folks. 

It's weird. I wouldn't call The Last Guardian an all-time great game, and yet the metric I use to judge all-time great games is whether or not I feel empty/hollow after finishing it. Having completed it earlier, I certainly feel empty. Wonderful story, frustrating game mechanics at times ruining the immersion.

14 hours ago, Meacon said:

Peach never would have left him if he hadn't gotten addicted to licking Toad.

Hey, she was the one who wanted to spice things up in the bedroom.