General Gaming Thread

TKz

31 minutes ago, Regia said:

So I managed to get my hands on Guitar Hero Live for the Xbox One from Game at the weekend. I've gone to play it, but I can't get the controller to connect. I keep reading about a dongle (which wasn't in the box). Do I need a dongle to connect it, or is my Xbox just being a massive pile of shit?

Yup, need a dongle. Take it back to Game and slap them with your cock until they give you a dongle. 

• Like 1

Well that's highly annoying, I was very much looking forward to having a play on that tonight.

Edit: Apparently you can request a replacement from the Activision website, which I have done in case I have no luck tomorrow.

Didn't know where to put this, however, rather than making an entire topic about it - does anyone play CS:GO? I've recently picked it up because I felt there was a lack of online shooting games that I wanted, so, I inevitably bought this. I'm brand new to it, so any tips/help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Had my first proper go on Puyo Puyo Tetris last night. I've always sucked at battle mode on both games, I'm much better at the single player stuff, and the battles seem ten times harder on this already. Couple of levels into the Story mode, and that seems fun, though.

I can't seem to figure out how to, or even if you can, play endless Tetris, though? I've found marathon mode, and endless Puyo, but not endless Tetris?

5 hours ago, Benji said:

I had contemplated playing it because it's still got a very active community, but now I'm really into Rainbow Six Siege and that's filled my shooter void.

If you pick it up, let me know, we could play. 

I just spent two hours starting and finishing The Park and just... wow. I've always known games don't have to be long to be good, but that... just damn. Give it a shot from start to finish, it's literally only a couple of hours.

EDIT : Just checked my trophies, took me 80 minutes, examining everything I found.

Edited by Benji

I've been volunteering at a charity shop for a few weeks now and on Friday someone donated 10-12 boxes full of collectable action figures (Alien, Metal Gear, Predator, Resident Evil & Robocop) and video games (PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360 & Japanese Dreamcast), I sorted through them and picked out around 45 games and offered them £50 and was willing to go upto £80 since I knew they had some value but wasnt sure on their going rate. Of the games I wanted were all the Japanese Dreamcast titles and around 8 PS3 games, all of which they wouldn't allow me to buy saying they had to go on eBay, I was ok with losing the Japanese Dreamcast games since there was around 20 and was thinking they would even out at around £10 each, so I countered with £40 for the rest if they including the PS3 games but they would not allow it. In the end there was 15 games left and they said I could have them all for £3, I was willing to pay £1 per game, that was what my initial offer was based on, but since they were not willing to add even one of the PS3 games for a bit more I accepted their offer which equaled out to 20p per game.

These are the 15 games I was able to get

- D (PS1)
- Dino Crisis (PS1)
- Dino Crisis 2 (PS1)
- Discworld (PS1)
- Enigma (PS1/Japan)
- F-Zero GX (GameCube)
- Ico (PS2)
- Parasite Eve II (PS1/Japan)
- Project Zero 3: The Tormented (PS2)
- Resident Evil (PS1)
- Resident Evil 2 (PS1)
- Resident Evil 3 (PS1)
- Resident Evil: Survivor (PS1)
- Vigilante (PC Engine)
- Yakuza (PS2)

• Like 1

On 28/04/2017 at 03:30, Paton said:

Didn't know where to put this, however, rather than making an entire topic about it - does anyone play CS:GO? I've recently picked it up because I felt there was a lack of online shooting games that I wanted, so, I inevitably bought this. I'm brand new to it, so any tips/help would be appreciated.

I play sometimes. The main tip I can give to you is try not to get too angry. Some players take it really seriously and it ruins it for me.

5 hours ago, MDK said:

I play sometimes. The main tip I can give to you is try not to get too angry. Some players take it really seriously and it ruins it for me.

Yeah I can understand where the anger would stem from. Already copped it last night, first night of playing casually (not against A.I.).

1 hour ago, Paton said:

Yeah I can understand where the anger would stem from. Already copped it last night, first night of playing casually (not against A.I.).

Try playing deathmatch. You can get used to the levels and the guns and you don't need to wait to respawn.

Anyone else get Playgrounds? My literal first pack got me Scottie Pippen and Patrick Ewing so I've had a bit of an easy go of the tournaments so far, just got Hakeem Olajuwon to replace Ewing though since he has the same utility with a bit better stats.