General Gaming Thread

TKz

RDR2, MvC Infinite and FPWW are on my looking forward to list. Though FPWW is probably the only one I'll be getting at launch

• Like 1

I've been watching a bit of Injustice 2 stuff today. A lot of the voice actors sound off, even people I really like like Tara Strong. Every line just sounds over done.

Stardew Valley is such simple, addictive fun. It has such a charm to it, and whist I am not far into it, I have noticed time flying by when on it. It also has a loose story that I am eager to find out far more about.

It isn't a game designed to wow people, or be an easy game for trophies, or be a multiplayer experience etc, it is just a god damn lovely game and reminds me why I do like games so much. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

It isn't a game designed to wow people, or be an easy game for trophies, or be a multiplayer experience etc, it is just a god damn lovely game and reminds me why I do like games so much. :)

Mafia III is reminding me of how much I love soul music from the 60's. I get distracted from the missions because I'm listening to the radio.

On 5/18/2017 at 09:36, =BK= said:

I've been watching a bit of Injustice 2 stuff today. A lot of the voice actors sound off, even people I really like like Tara Strong. Every line just sounds over done.

I thought it was done really well. Very interesting and complex story (for a super hero fighting game), really exciting action and a lot of fun team-ups / battles that you'd never think of in a story sense. Plus it was just so damn pretty. I want to play it badly.

6 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

Red Faction still holds up as far as just being a fun game to play with a good story. Has anyone played the later installments?

Red Faction: Guerilla is fun but flawed. The fun part is the destructible enviroments that allow you to blow up buildings until there's nothing but rubble left. The flawed part is a lacklustre story and empty gameworld.

It's really an example of late 00s open world games, where it has a few nice gimmicks that will keep you entertained, but lacks the true depth to keep strong all the way through.

I'm enjoying Injustice 2 even if I am really bad at it, I guess I'll learn eventually. I'm interested to see what Multiverse is but I'm concentrating on the story mode for now. As far as the voice acting goes I think it's good, but for me it's weird hearing the voices I'm familiar with from the Arkham series speaking from completely different models of the characters. Considering WB owns everything involved I don't know why they just don't use the same models.

Also I have no idea what they're going for with Joker, basing his look on a young Jared Leto version with a bad impersonation of Mark Hamill's voice just doesn't work.

I'm watching Atari: Game Over on Netflix. It's the documentary about them digging up the worse video game ever, E.T. After seeing some game play of the game, I realized that I owned that game as a kid. I remember hating it and thinking it was stupid and impossible. I don't remember what happened to my Atari collection, but I wish I still had.

• Like 4