General Gaming Thread

TKz

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

I'm watching Atari: Game Over on Netflix. It's the documentary about them digging up the worse video game ever, E.T. After seeing some game play of the game, I realized that I owned that game as a kid. I remember hating it and thinking it was stupid and impossible. I don't remember what happened to my Atari collection, but I wish I still had.

LIES!!!

Someone hasnt played the utter shite that came out on the micro computers of the time.

17 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

LIES!!!

Someone hasnt played the utter shite that came out on the micro computers of the time.

You say anything bad about the BBC Micro and I'll chin you. 

• Like 2

Just now, MDK said:

You say anything bad about the BBC Micro and I'll chin you. 

The hardware is fine, its the shit that came out on it thats the problem, here is a nice example, I think any of these would easilly beat ET in terms of worst game ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

The hardware is fine, its the shit that came out on it thats the problem, here is a nice example, I think any of these would easilly beat ET in terms of worst game ever.

I miss the days of games on a cassette 

• Like 1

I never found one, my cousin had one for one of the micros but can't remember which one he had. I remember playing Operation Wolf and something else, according to wikipedia the Spectrum port of OW had some sort of light gun support but didn't think they had a Spectrum since he never had any of the big games or shared any of our big collection and sure he'd have borrowed some at one point. That said with such a massive catalogue it's not a huge surprise. 

We had the best of both worlds growing up due to a Speccy and C64. Naturally the magazines made it a nightmare to decide which versions of games on both were better due to the 8 bit wars. So relieved we left system fanboys in the 80s.

• Like 1

Yea, now it's all rainbows and sunshine.

I wasn't much into computer gaming until the mid to late 90s. I started playing consoles, starting with the atari and the NES probably in the mid 90s. So I missed out on all that 8 bit wars. Not that I would have even been old enough to understand any of it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MDK said:

I swear it did.

I seem to recall hearing about it at some point.

I found this video.

So I imagine the answer is yes.

• Like 1

I had a C64. Remember playing a football game which zoomed in on the goal as you entered the penalty box. If you were shooting up the screen, you often blazed it over. If you were shooting down the screen, it was always on target and would go through the goalie more often than not if he got in the way.

A couple of my mates (twins) got a Commodore 64 as a christmas present maybe 5 years ago. Such a weird present, but that's the type of shit they got for christmas usually, apparently.

14 minutes ago, Liam said:

I had a C64. Remember playing a football game which zoomed in on the goal as you entered the penalty box. If you were shooting up the screen, you often blazed it over. If you were shooting down the screen, it was always on target and would go through the goalie more often than not if he got in the way.

Did the Fulham lads use it for training?