General Gaming Thread

TKz

4 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I should be excited but having to play as Chloe might be enough to make me not get involved.

LIS 1 spoiler...

Spoiler

Seriously, the ending of the first game was the easiest decision in the world because I couldn't stand her by the end.

I'm convinced they should have kept the first game as stand alone and just done a whole new cast for an anthology style series.

12 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm convinced they should have kept the first game as stand alone and just done a whole new cast for an anthology style series.

I think Dontnod are likely to be doing something along those lines, based on what they've been saying. The game that's been revealed today feels like more of a Square Enix cash grab, if I'm going to be cynical about it.

16 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Trailer for Life Is Strange: Before The Storm, a prequel to Life Is Strange, a three episode story with the first episode dropping August 31st. There's rumours of a proper sequel some time soon as well.

I should be excited but having to play as Chloe might be enough to make me not get involved.

Ahahaha nope. Life Is Strange was structurally an okay game, but Chloe was annoying as all hell and a lot of the other writing was "hello fellow children"-ish as well - so I was really hoping that they were just going to branch off into an entirely different story and make the series anthology-ish.

• Like 3

The Batman chained fighting system is perfect for a character like Spiderman. It just looked great and as fluid as the system has ever been.

Also the graphics are just amazing, next level. It really has reached the point where my mind has a hard time accepting that I wasn't looking CG cutscenes and actual gameplay. Not a fan of the QTE's, but they've become so pervasive in games that i've gotten over it, and it at least makes the action look cooler in general, so it gets a pass.

Either way, hopeful that this is only a temporary exclusive, because I do want to play this on a not PS4 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone picked up the Remastered Arkham collection for PS4? I hear that there were some issues with the frame rate and was just wondering if it affected the enjoyment of the actual games. I have Arkham Knight but I'd much rather play the first two games before going through Knight.

Asylum was fine for me on PS4, but City had some game-breaking frame rate issues if I tried to go from one end of the city to the other. A restart always fixed it but it got a bit annoying. That said, City is such a good game it's still worth getting.

On 5/31/2017 at 05:54, Benji said:

It's definitely Telltale's best comedic effort,

7qChYGC.jpg

• Like 4