General Gaming Thread

TKz

Like god of war and heavenly sword ?

Yes, like God of War and Heavenly Sword who also had this same stupid idea. Developers need to learn that it's not exciting to go from powerhouse to nobody in these games. I'd much rather start with nothing and build them up than get a taste of what the game will be like 10-20 hours from now, only to have to spend 10-20 hours having less fun.

Let me know how it is going into it with minimal knowledge of the first. I bought #1 and loved what I played, but got distracted by numerous other new games at the time. I'd love to buy it to encourage them to release the first on 360, but I don't want to buy it and be totally lost.

Bah, my gaming backlog is getting big :/ (well, not a lot of games...but long games)

Currently playing a borrowed copy of Darksiders (almost done, I think).

Then I have the following:

-Skyrim (Theives, Dark Brotherhood, Daedra quests, rest of the achievements)

-Final Fantasy XIII-2

-Disgaea 4

Then I wanna borrow Persona 3/4, which as RPGs, will take a million hours >_<

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is fucking awesome on the HD Collection. I tried it on the PSP but that controls sucked, but man, this is awesome.

I have found it hard to get into, because it is done so differently. But it is a really good game. I have to finish it at some point, and then go online with it.

I have:

Skyrim

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Dark Souls

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine

Rage

Mass Effect 3

Plus PSX versions of:

Crash Bandicoot 3

FF7

FF8

Abe's Exodus

......I think that is currently about it on the 'games I am playing and need to try and complete'

PlayStation 3

Batman: Arkham City

Bayonetta

Bioshock 2

Dead Space

Duke Nukem Forever

Ghostbusters

Prince of Persia Trilogy (Sands of Time complete)

Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands

White Knight Chronicles

X-Box 360

Alan Wake

Blue Dragon

Call of Duty 3

Castle Crashers

Crackdown

Dead Rising

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Left 4 Dead 2 (one map short)

Last Remnant

Lost Odyssey

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

PS2

Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus

PC

The Witcher

That's just top of my head and a glance at games, probably more on downloaded games, plus my annual completion of FFVII thru IX to do <_< I have a tendency to buy games that I see for £10-£15, and since I bought both major consoles about two years after release, I already had a back catalogue to catch up with.

I was playing Skyrim at a friends yesterday for the first time myself. I was debating between the Imperial and the Orc since I had intended to be a melee fighter and the Orc seemed to favour that but the Imperial had some merchant benefits. Went with the Imperial.

Turns out I just used magic most of the time anyway because the combat was pretty loose. Demon's/Dark Souls has spoiled me with it's combat system.

And in terms of back logs...ooh boy. Mine is pretty substanial.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is fucking awesome on the HD Collection. I tried it on the PSP but that controls sucked, but man, this is awesome.

I have found it hard to get into, because it is done so differently. But it is a really good game. I have to finish it at some point, and then go online with it.

I tried to play Snake Eater the other day for the first time in years and man, I found the way gunplay is handled to be so archaic. I mean, MGS has always been a bit... different with how it handled the third person shooter mechanics, but it feels so weird after playing games like Mass Effect and Uncharted. I'm really enjoying Peace Walker though, the amount of RPG elements is great. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the two weapon limit for each mission. I guess how it's spaced out helps because you can pick the right weapon for each mission, but two just doesn't feel like enough. I'd also like some more customization on the weapons, I don't know if I can pick up Silencers for the rest of them, but unless I can I get the feeling I'll be using one weapon for most of the game outside of boss fights.

Speaking of boss fights, the first one with the Tank was pretty awesome. I had just under enough ammo to take care of it, but found some laying around. A lot of fun and whilst challenging in finding the right place to hide, when to fire... it never got anywhere near being annoying. Reminded me a lot of the tank fight in MGS1 too.

Just started Skyrim again, first game I've ever played as a mage. It's pretty fun. I want to get away from destruction magic but it's hard, it's such an easy reflex to rely on.

Conjuration magic is great with Bound Swords/Bows and Flame Attronarchs.

Man just talking about this makes me want to play Skyrim again.