General Gaming Thread

TKz

I've been getting an itch to play TF2 again....anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow? Midget? TEOL? GoGo? TKz?

Ellis, is your computer still screwy and can't play?

If it's after 8:30 EST or so, I'll play. I've never played it before though.

I've been getting an itch to play TF2 again....anyone want to play tonight or tomorrow? Midget? TEOL? GoGo? TKz?

Ellis, is your computer still screwy and can't play?

I'm totally down for that Saturday night! :)

Fuck, The Witcher 2 is so good. Like, this story is so interesting in the like hour I've played so far. It's what DA2 should have been.

Doesn't hurt that I can now run it at highest settings possible with no lag. So beautiful.

So, because I'm a filthy casual gamer, I've been playing Rayman: Origins on the Wii. It's...underwhelming. I really expected something good from it, as I loved the original 2D Rayman, but so far the level design has been really uninspired, and while the character design and the artwork is exceptionally good, it's all so fucking small on the screen that I can't even tell what's going on half the time. Why would you go to the trouble of painstakingly drawing the graphics, and then make it so nobody could see the fucking things?

Having trouble with Steam. I don't have Internet access on my computer right now and am trying to play Civ 5. Usually this isn't a problem, Steam has offline mode, but today Steam keeps trying to update, and then shuts down when it can't complete the update. Any way around this?

So, I finally have LA Noire sitting around from GameFly, but, somehow, the HDMI port on my PS3 got totally knackered. I've found that, pretty much the only game that doesn't look like complete ass, are sports games (Skyrim looks like a PS2 game). My concern, for those that have played it, will downgraded graphics affect my ability to play LA Noire? I know they went to great lengths with the faces and such, but how much of an affect (effect? WHICH ONE, I DUNNO?) will that have on my ability to solve cases?

I don't think it will have too much of an effect. While LA Noire's motion capture technology is impressive, the non-verbal "cues" that push you in the right direction during cases are far from subtle. Because the motion capture animations were pulled off by using real actors, their expressions e.g. shifty eyes, not making eye contact are exaggerated to the extent that they would be easy to pick up on without the benefit of the best possible graphical settings.

Which Star Trek games are actually any good?

Star Trek 25th Anniversary. I had it for NES. Haven't really seen a good Trek game since, though I remember playing one for SNES that was decent but I can't remember the name.

Here's a random question for you fine gentlemen...if you were to lose your entire hard-drive of saved games, which would you be most upset about?

For me, it would have to be the Mass Effect series. I've put TONS of hours into both the first and second game with two separate characters...would crush me if I lost those :(